News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Three Strikes in Three Minutes

Started by Bullet, March 14, 2013, 11:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bullet

These may be the shortest official three strikes presentations I will ever do.....yesterday and today, I used the three strikes as the basis of my testimony before a couple of House committees involving over a dozen state reps and at least 75 observers.

It was actually a great exercise in thinking through the history and distilling the core parts and application. Really made me think about the heart of what I was trying to communicate. It also made me even more grateful for those who bled and died, those who pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor, not just to give me the second amendment, but to set up a form of government where I CAN waltz into the State Capitol and testify before lawmakers like that.

I was thankful to have a very kind and receptive audience!  :)
"Men do less than they ought unless they do all that they can." --Thomas Carlyle

"But we are not called to lives of prestige; we are called to lives of faithfulness. And sometimes faithfulness is just mundane and daily and ordinary and one foot in front of the other." --N. Adams

Fred

"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

yellowhousejake

I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Pain Killer

Awesome! I'm putting you in a raffle for the Libertyseed contest for that one! You should post that on the Libertyseed IAAR. Really good work!

PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Johnnyappleseed

I would sure enjoy hearing or reading your 3 minute 3 strikes presentation .

Great job getting the word out in testimony via amendment # 1 (petition govt)

Many forces have worked hard to guarentee no one learns what you have shared !
Nice job Bullet!

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Whippet

I too would love to read a transcript of your testimony or your 3-in-3 strikes. Very cool. :pop:
1. Point the sights where they need to be pointed
2. Keep 'em there while you squeeze the trigger.
3. Repeat

Choose wisely and do your best at whatever you find yourself doing. (Whippet, 1997)

Jerry Hall

Thanks! Should you put the three minute strikes onto the forum, I can see where they would come in handy at the grocery store, bank, gas station etc... , unlimited possibilities.  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:

Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Bullet

Thanks, everybody! I'll be happy to write it out and post it when I get a moment.
"Men do less than they ought unless they do all that they can." --Thomas Carlyle

"But we are not called to lives of prestige; we are called to lives of faithfulness. And sometimes faithfulness is just mundane and daily and ordinary and one foot in front of the other." --N. Adams

scuzzy

Absolutely positively stupendous. It's an honor to know people like you Bullet.

See ya tomorrow at the shoot.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Bullet

Thank you scuzzy! I gotta say, I learned from the best. I hope you tell some of the strikes tomorrow because I absolutely love hearing your presentations.

To everyone who asked about it.... I just wrote a blog post that's basically the testimony I gave yesterday for 1 of the 5 bills I spoke on. The post includes one of the "3 strikes in 3 minutes" presentations and can be found here: http://www.texasfirearmsfreedom.com/why-does-texas-need-a-firearms-protection-bill/

SavageShootr

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Whippet

That really is excellent!

Simplicity & Precision
1. Point the sights where they need to be pointed
2. Keep 'em there while you squeeze the trigger.
3. Repeat

Choose wisely and do your best at whatever you find yourself doing. (Whippet, 1997)

Jerry Hall

Thank you Sister Bullet,

That is a powerful presentation; Simple, Precise, Straight on the mark, Straight on Mission, straight on message.
It pretty much looks like the whole of the Appleseed message in three minutes.

Here's to a woman whom truly "Knows what she is about".  O0  :bow:  O0

Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Adena

"Children should be educated and instructed in the principles of freedom." - John Adams

"The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave." - Patrick Henry, Speech in the Virginia Convention, March 23, 1775

Kelso

Kudos!  I got chills reading your testimony.  That was every bit as effective as the "longer" versions we tell. 

I'm also a native Texan, although only 6 generations - you did Texas proud.  I'm looking to leave Illinois soon, so maybe I'll come back to Texas (especially if this bill becomes law).
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
― Samuel Adams

"No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders."
― Samuel Adams