News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Meet the AS Boss!?!

Started by Fred, March 09, 2013, 12:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

If there's interest in a short meeting with Appleseed's boss on a rare visit to the hinterlands of Appleseed, I can be in eastern Iowa Friday, Sat, Mon or Tues April 12, 13, 15 or 16.

It'd be up to you guys to decide if you want to do this, and, if so, set up a time and place. But hurry - I will be posting this on WI, MI, IN and IL boards as well, and some of those dates may get taken!

We'd cover the current and future status of the program, the ammo shortage, the current 2A legislative actions, etc.
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Yankeedutch

Hi Fred,

A meeting in Iowa would be good.
I will contact some of our leaders this afternoon.

How does April 12 or 13 look?
We could meet in Iowa City.  Or were you thinking further East?

Thanks for your leadership,

Dutch
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act."
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Fred

Friday the 12th would be good.

I'd like to stay as close to eastern IA border as possible, to save on travel time.

Iowa City would work. Even closer would be better, but it would work...
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Yankeedutch

Hi Fred,

A few of us can probably make it out.  There is a shoot the following morning in SE Iowa over 200 miles from Iowa City.  We also have very faithful 7th steppers at a gunshow in Des Moines that night.  Alex and I will contact more people in the next few days.

Thanks,

Dutch
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act."
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Miller

Lenox would be SW Iowa Dutch. ;)

And I'm game for any location on any of the suggested dates... work schedule permitting.
Got an interview on Wednesday and I may be back to working nights and weekends for a bit but we shall see.

Fearful but resolute.

Pitmaster

I'm scheduling Fred's visit. So far Sat. April 13 is booked all day meeting with IN/MI and WI.

Illinois is scheduled for Friday April 12.

Looking for an Iowa decision on April 15 or 16. Need time, location, and who is responsible for coordination.
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

Pitmaster

Any updates about a date and time? Thursday evening, Monday, and Tuesday are available.

Right now

IL-Friday evening

IN/MI - Saturday morning

WI - Saturday Evening
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

Alex

Intellect is invisible to the man who has none.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine

Pitmaster

Pitmaster

NRA Endowment Member

Pitmaster

Bump for a reminder and any updates regarding date and location.
Pitmaster

NRA Endowment Member