News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Cuomo Court Date

Started by kDan, March 09, 2013, 08:55:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kDan

Here's the text that's all over the news sites for a week now, but no more info:

"State Supreme Court Judge Gerald Connolly signed an order directing Gov. Andrew Cuomo and legislative leaders to "show cause" in court March 11 that the law should not be enjoined.

According to a gun-rights group leading the complaint, We The People of New York, Inc., 1,256 plaintiffs from 58 New York counties filed a constitutional challenge in the Albany court Thursday. The complaint argues that Cuomo's "message of necessity," use to push the bill through the Legislature without the required three-day waiting period, included misrepresentations, violating the state constitution."

Monday is going to be a warm day.   A good day for a motorcycle ride.  So I figure I'm going back to Albany.  Maybe I'll even catch a passing glance of our supreme leader.

I've searched and searched online but still have these questions:
- Where and What time is this court appearance?
- Is there a rally?

- If not, are any of you going anyway?

I'll be the bearded guy waving the Bennington Flag.

-d-
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

Hinermad

I haven't heard of any rallies planned for that date.

I don't know if the Governor or any legislators are obligated to appear. They may just send their attorneys. I read on another forum that this is standard procedure when an injunction is being considered. They're being given a chance to explain why it shouldn't be issued. Since the underlying lawsuit challenges the constitutionality of the way the law was passed, that's why the court wants the government to address that particular point.

Dave
The problem with doing the right thing is that sometimes you do it on your own.

kDan

Thanks Dave.  I think you just saved me a trip. 

I think it still might be worth it for some folks to stand outside the courthouse and wave signs, but I'm not gonna ride for six hours to be the only one.

Does anyone know what time this hearing takes place?  Is there a good court web-site to follow the proceedings? 

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout