News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

CHAP convention 2013 a GO!

Started by Charles McKinley, March 08, 2013, 11:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles McKinley

Hi All

Money has been approved for a booth for the convention.  I will need help staffing the booth.  There is not money for travel and hotel for this events so as many locals or people that were coming to the convention anyway would be appreciated.

I will submit the application to CHAP today and expect approval as we had a booth last year.

We are looking at 8000+ people.  Don't worry you will only be talking to them 1 on one or maybe 4 people at a time.  Less than a shoot and it is a great time to practice a short version of the strikes, who we are and why we do what we do.

http://www.chaponline.com/conventionrates/

May 9 Thursday Set up
May 10 Friday 8-5
May 11 Saturday 8-5

I plan on having a focus on the Libertyseeds.

Needed:
*banner of some sort
*books other than PRR
*Brown Bess

More as I think of it,
Stand
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Charles McKinley

I recieved confirmatin that we have a booth!

Now who can help me staff it?????

You don't have to be there both days.  I would like at least 2 other people ther with me each day.

Please reply here or send me a PM.

Thanks,
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Publican

Stand:

Home inspection is this week at the prospective place in Iowa. Following that, are a few more hoops so I am still not sure. Will keep you posted.
"I regard giving as necessary to right the balance..." Hu Chung

"Things now every day begin to grow more and more serious" Lord Percy

"Please remember the 2nd Amendment each and every time you vote".....Cork

"I need to actively fight the external threat, so as not to become the internal threat!".....Publican

GEmanuel

Chuck, as last year I can give you Friday. I'll contact the rest of the Elverson  crew and encourage them to help as well.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

Chainsaw

I'll be available for something, I don't know what yet.

You can use my brown bess we just have to work out how to get it to you if I can't do Fri

Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

Charles McKinley

Wow only a month away.  Time flies.

I would like to have at least 2 people +me each day.  Colleen bailed on me for gymnastics classes, silly girls.

mal

As last year, I can do the weekend... i think.  Gotta check with the wife & she's in bed.  I'll get back to ya.
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

Charles McKinley

Hi All,

Time is getting short and I need to send in names of who will be there soon.

Please reply here or send me a PM.

Thanks

Stand

Charles McKinley

OK
Friday,
Stand, mal, GEmanuel

Saturday
Stand, mal, ?????

We are allowed 5 passes so I have 1 more slot open and would like at least one more person Saturday, Friday and Saturday would be nice.  Last year we were talking to people non-stop.  We don't have AR Girl back drop this year.  I will make up some poster board with quotes on them.  I will have targets out, tri-folds, Paul Revere's Ride and EZ3's Brown Bess and bayonet.  I have asked for materials from the NRA convention but don't know if logistics will work out on that.

Suggestions for Quotes:

I plan on: J Adams -Posterity..., I Davis -take good care of the children, B Franklin(?) trade liberty for security, LH Percy -Men who know well what they are about....

Charles McKinley

I must submit names by Thursday May 2, 2013

mal

Quote from: Stand on April 28, 2013, 02:02:31 AM
OK
Friday,
Stand, mal, GEmanuel

Saturday
Stand, mal, ?????

I'm good for Sat only.  Sorry!
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

Charles McKinley

Friday
Stand, GEmanuel and ????????

Saturday
Stand, Chainsaw, mal and????????

Can anyone else come:  Friday and Saturday (Best), Friday (Better) or Saturday??????