News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

..Winslow, NJ March 02/03 2013..

Started by Josey Wales, March 05, 2013, 03:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josey Wales

..It has been a while since I have been able to get down to South Jersey Shooting Club in Winslow New Jersey.  Our September 2012 event was hindered by the clubs decision to hold its annual membership BBQ meeting so no shooting was allowed to take place.  Our November 2012 event was hindered by Hurrican Sandy's destruction and gas shortage inflicted upon our region.  March 2013, it was good to be back!!  SJSC (Winslow) is a great club and they are always happy to see Appleseed.  They treat us good and always welcome us to their range.  I must mention that one of SJSC's Chief RSO's has passed away on us.  I would like to offer up a moment of silence out of respect to honor Art Barton.  Art Barton was instrumental in getting Appleseed in the club and my first contact back in 2010.  Art was an OUTSTANDING man who always found the time to say a few words at an Appleseed.  In which I always invited and incouraged when he would make his rounds and visit us on the action range.  His support was amazing and he will be missed.  Art look down and bless us in our mission, I know you know we are doing Gods work so stay with us and guide us my brother..
..We are currently bringing through the ranks a very special IIT RobbNJ.  Robb has been helping the program by volunteering and is on his way to becoming a very good Instructor.  Thanks Rob.. 
..Josey Wales and VietVet started their weekend on Thursday February 28th 5 hours North in Albany, NY at the We The People Second Ammendment Rally.  We walked the halls of our State Assembly and State Senators and saw and spoke with either them or their office help.  After, we washed our hands cause shaking hands with politicians is an ugly business.  Outside we gathered with the other 10 thousand or so supporters at the rally.  We handed out many Appleseed trifolds and fliers to the folks and kept plenty busy 7th stepping the crowd, our crowd.  It was a good showing..
..On to Winslow.  Saturday Steve F. and Pastor Andy F. participated in Project Appleseed.  It was great to have their attention for the weekend and they were very appreciative of our service and how much they learned..   
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

VietVet

As JW already stated SJSC has always welcomed us and once again made us feel at home. Although the shooter turn out was low we took large steps in making improvements for future events. We spent all day Friday 7th stepping.  This has already shown positive results. The April event seems to be attracting more shooters. The numbers are already higher.
  Steve and Andy hung in there and showed improvement and both are looking forward to attending another Appleseed at SJSC. The weather wasn't bad but the wind drove a chill through all. By the end of Saturday it was snowing lightly. Thought we were heading for the Winterseed Patches.
  Also mentioned is RobbNJ stepped up and is now the SC for his home State. Living close to this Range and with his determination displayed I'm sure the events at Winslow will continue to grow.
  Well done all!

RIP Art. You will be missed.
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!