News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waterman, IL March 2-3, 2013 AAR

Started by 2 clicks low, March 04, 2013, 02:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2 clicks low

Saturday dawned cloudy and cool. High of about 27 with the normal wind at this range.
I had three hardy instructor to help teach four new students, all of which came with brand new .22s with slings and tech sights. Seems someone reads the web sight. They were all eager to learn both their heritage as Americans and their legacy as Riflemen.

And learn they did. Congrats to Craig who made rifleman (214) on his first AQT. He followed up all weekend in the 180-207 range.

Sunday was great. Bright sun, almost no wind and staying just under freezing to keep the mud down. The saturday students returned bright and chipper despite aches and pains. We were joined by two returning students. Alas no additional riflemen but great improvement by all. Prarie Eagle earned his Iceicle patch with his AR in a RFAQT (221).

Lots of promotions:
Prairie Eagle to RH.
Kelso to IIT2
Mamba to IIT1

We were also joined by Brown Bess Ed on Sunday, I think he stopped by to say hi but we put him to work. Some people just never learn.  **)

2 clicks low
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Shooter30-06

Congratulations to Prairie Eagle on his new Red Hat!!
"We cannot insure success but we can deserve it."-John Adams
"Remember, all men would be tyrants if they could."-Daniel Defoe

Prairie Eagle

It was a great shoot, and 2 clicks ran a tight ship as always. The attendees were all very eager to learn (I think they caught the teachable attitude part of the web site also) and improved nicely throughout. I'm confident that with a little dry fire in position, they will have it down.

I didn't get a many pictures as I like to generally, but here's the few I did get

2  clicks low telling a stirring 2nd strike:

What a mug!

Craig wowed us by shooting the score right out the gate - on his first target. He was listening intently tour our instruction and even more intently to his talking targets:

Wrap-up on Sunday:

(Photos provided with approval of Aurora Sportsmans Club Executive Officer)

Mamba

What an amazing weekend!  As a new IIT0, I really wanted to get out of the 'comfort zone' of my local area, and I am really glad I did.  Had a wonderful time watching a determined group of shooters take those 'drinks from the firehose'....I could see it in their eyes once it started to 'click', and that was incredibly rewarding.  2CL ran a great shoot, and grats to Kelso/Prairie Eagle - and honors to BrownBessEd for throwing in with us Sunday afternoon.  Honored to have worked with you gentlemen - Hope to see you all on the trail again soon! 

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." - Revelations 6:8

Mamba

(Photos provided with approval of Aurora Sportsmans Club Executive Officer)
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." - Revelations 6:8

KNAK

Correction: Craig made Rifleman. Chris, Craig and I learned a bunch, and had a great time.

Truly a great experience. I'll be back to earn my Rifleman.   

Prairie Eagle

Quote from: KNAK on March 04, 2013, 05:08:59 PM
Correction: Craig made Rifleman. Chris, Craig and I learned a bunch, and had a great time.

KNAK, looking forward to it, you and the boys did great all weekend, and really came a long way. Do lots of dry fire in position and you'll do great.

2 clicks low

Quote from: KNAK on March 04, 2013, 05:08:59 PM

Drat. I knew it started with a C.
Correction made.
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Little Hawk

It was great to train with the Appleseed staff & fellow shooters. I learned so much in what now seems like a short weekend. I want more! You'll find me at one of the next shoots, guaranteed.
Thanks again everyone!  O0

Steck

Congrats, Prairie Eagle!   Well-deserved!   ^:)^

Kelso

It was great working on my home turf for the first time.  I got in a lot of good practice and met some really nice people.  Congrats to Craig for shooting Rifleman, and Prairie Eagle and Mamba for their promotions.  Thanks to 2 Clicks for letting me do so much.
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
― Samuel Adams

"No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders."
― Samuel Adams