News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wilmington, Ohio - March 30-31, 2013

Started by dirtdawg, February 27, 2013, 01:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirtdawg

You know, when we were looking at scheduling the range for Appleseed back in November last year, I din't really notice that this was Easter weekend.  In fact, I didn't realize it until yesterday afternoon.  Well surprise!  Will this affect our attendance?  Don't know, but it looks like we are getting some sign-ups.

slim

Holidays are hit or miss. We tend to pick up "big groups" on holiday weekends (because everyone has a few days off and is back in town) or nobody shows up at all.

What's really cool is we already have people signed up. That means we're Appleseedin! Huzzah!

dirtdawg

Slim, I have always admired your enthusiasm for the cause.

Edheler

I haven't visited Wilmington yet -- perhaps Easter is the time. Is there camping available at the range?

slim

Quote from: dirtdawg on February 27, 2013, 08:26:26 PMSlim, I have always admired your enthusiasm for the cause.
If Appleseed was a concert, I'd be the guy that comes out before the show and tells everyone, "Put your hands up. Everybody put your hands up. Yeaaah! Put your hands up!"

Quote from: Edheler on February 27, 2013, 09:49:41 PMI haven't visited Wilmington yet -- perhaps Easter is the time. Is there camping available at the range?
There has been in the past. Not sure if there will be this year but we can ask the club president.

Oh dirtdawg....

dirtdawg

Quote from: slim on February 27, 2013, 10:50:06 PM

Quote from: Edheler on February 27, 2013, 09:49:41 PMI haven't visited Wilmington yet -- perhaps Easter is the time. Is there camping available at the range?

Oh dirtdawg....
Woof!
Yes, there is camping available.  There is a "suggested donation" of $5.00 if you use the electric.  There is a covered shelter and we will provide clubhouse access for restrooms and inclement weather.

While I'm at it...
Eventbrite Registration Link
Information Link
Clinton County Farmers' and Sportsmen's Association Website

For those of you that are familiar with the range layout, we will be using the 50 yard pit, so that should reduce the haul time significantly. (You're welcome ;))

WY_Not

Hoping to be there if you guys need another IIT. I'll be camping.

Joseph
Joseph
aka WY_Not (IIT3)

DKT

Just signed up.  Looking forward to another good weekend (this will be my second Appleseed - first was last April).  Slim and Dirtdawg - if there is anything I can do to help setup the line just let me know.

See ya there.

dirtdawg

Quote from: DKT on March 19, 2013, 10:42:59 PM
Just signed up.  Looking forward to another good weekend (this will be my second Appleseed - first was last April).  Slim and Dirtdawg - if there is anything I can do to help setup the line just let me know.

See ya there.

Awesome first post!  I think I would like to try to string up the target line on Friday, but failing that, I'll be there early Saturday.  Slim likes everything all set up and ready to go, so he can show up when the shooting starts <ducks> ;D

Is anyone planning to camp besides WY_Not?

WY_Not

Is anyone camping Saturday night? Or is everyone going to be in the clubhouse. I don't mind camping in the cold; after all I was camping outside at the first Athens IBC with lots of snow and single digit temps and have been to Canada the last two Januarys to camp. But I'd rather do a bit of socializing as it has been a while since I've seen you guys. So I'll be where the people are.

Will be down there bright and early Saturday morning. Penny is sending some lemon bars and pineapple upside down cupcakes. Club selling lunch both days? What are we doing for dinner Saturday?
Joseph
aka WY_Not (IIT3)

Kick-in-the-pants

I didn't happen to leave my totally awesome Appleseed sticker with a Nalgene bottle attached to it up there did I?  Life just isn't the same with out it  :sos:  %)

slim

Last I saw it was sitting on the ground behind us while we were picking up brass. Didn't see it after that.

dirtdawg

I distinctly remember picking it up and asking about it after most everyone had cleared out. I am pretty sure I picked it up and it is still in my truck. PM me and we'll figure out how to get it to you.

Kick-in-the-pants

Quote from: dirtdawg on April 04, 2013, 07:56:33 AM
I distinctly remember picking it up and asking about it after most everyone had cleared out. I am pretty sure I picked it up and it is still in my truck. PM me and we'll figure out how to get it to you.

Woohoo!   ..:..