News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2009 Illinois Schedule

Started by Garand69, August 02, 2008, 06:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garand69

OK folks, it's August 08, we need to start kicking some butt building the 2009 schedule.

The goal that we have been given is steep, and it will require a lot of folks willing to get their feet wet and help bail!

This year we have 5 shoots scheduled at 3 different ranges, two of them 3-days and we are considering a 6th shoot for Constitution Day. In 2009 our goal is 18 Appleseed Shoots and 3-4 Instructor Courses!!

Our current ranges are limited in size, and the only way to hit the numbers we need is to host more shoots. Obviously, this is a burden on our Instructors, so we need more Instructors and IIT's! Secondly; we are currently using 3 ranges, Ottawa, Bloomington, and Chillicothe. For our 2009 goal a 4th and maybe a 5th range would be very helpful in meeting our objective. If you know of a private range, public range, or even private property that meets our criteria, please let us know ASAP.

Illinois has a couple of nice big ranges. The ISRA Range in Bonfield and the Range in Milan have the space for one heck of an Appleseed, do any of you have personal connections with these ranges? We could cold call these ranges, but a member on the inside will drastically speed these things up.

Of course there are other ranges here in Illinois, if your a member of a Club, that has a range that would work for us, PM me with the info and we will start trying to put something together ASAP.

Indiana still has the record for most attendies at an Appleseed, are you folks going to let some Hoosiers have all the bragging rights???? And if we can't beat their numbers, we better be able to beat them at building Rifleman per/100 attendies.

Let's get to work Illinois!!  ;D
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Garand69

OK Folks here we go.........................

The following shoots have been confirmed and are on the schedules for the ranges that they will be held at. The info has been forwarded to the powers that be, and you should be able to pre-register soon. Remember folks, these ranges are limited in size, so pre-registration is highly reccommended. We tried to maintain a Historical Theme throughout the schedule, and we have (3) 3-Day Shoots booked for 2009!!!

Of course this is far from our original target goal of 18 Appleseeds  :o and not even close to Fred's recent addition to the goal which brings the total to 30!!!!  ++) But it is a work in progress so keep checking back to see updates!!! As you will notice, there is some blank spaces under March 15th & 16th, Confirmed IBC's, Confirmed Mini's, and Confirmed DAR Work Days, THERE SHOULD BE ZERO BLANK SPACES!!!! Help me fill them up and let's get rocking IL.

10 11 12 17 19 Confirmed Appleseed Shoots!!

The British Evacuate Boston (3/17/1776)
March 15th & 16th, 2009
still open

The Shot Heard Around The World (4/19/1775)
April 18th & 19th, 2009
Buffalo Range Shooting Park
Ottawa IL
SOLD OUT
+
Sheepdog's DAR
Elizabeth, IL
SOLD OUT
+
John Ross's Range
Alton, IL
GOING FAST!!!!!

Memorial Day Weekend (3-DAY SHOOT, FOR THE PRICE OF 2!!!)
May 23rd - 25th, 2009
Ottawa IL

+

Chillicothe Sportsman's Club
Chillicothe, IL

Bloomington, IL
May 30th & 31st, 2009
Darnall's
Bloomington IL

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!
June 6th & 7th, 2009
ISRA Range
Bonfield, IL

The Battle of Bunker Hill (6/17/1775)
June 20th & 21st, 2009
Ottawa IL

Independence Day
July 4th & 5th, 2009
Ottawa IL

CONFIRMED!!!!!

July 25th & 26th, 2009
Danville Rifle & Pistol Club
Danville IL

Declaration of Independence Signed (8/2/1776)
August 1st & 2nd, 2009
Ottawa IL

Labor Day Weekend (3-DAY SHOOT, FOR THE PRICE OF 2!!!)September 5th - 7th, 2009

Ottawa IL

+
Chillicothe Sportsman's Club
Chillicothe IL

September  12th & 13th
Carmi, IL
http://www.eventbrite.com/event/406999346

Constitution Day (9/17/1787)
September 19th & 20th
Ottawa IL
[/size] [/b][/size]

JUST ADDED!!!!!!

October 3rd & 4th
ISRA Rifle Range
Bonfield, IL

Just Added!!!
Durand IL DAR
October 10-11, 2009

UNITED NATIONS DAY!! Let's celebrate freedom with an Appleseed on UN Day!!!!
October 24th & 25th, 2009
Ottawa IL

Marine Corps Birthday (11/10/1775)/Veteran's Day  
November 7th & 8th, 2009
Ottawa IL

OPERATION MOOSE JAW IS A GO!!!!!
1st Annual State Dinner!!!!

Where; Ottawa Moose Lodge
When; December 19th, 2009 - 6:00PM - 10ish
Approx $15.00 per plate, all you can eat (this is good eatin' folks!)
RSVP- Garand69 via PM!!!! We have to have a head count by 12/12/09!!
Attire; Casual Appleseed
:lol

Confirmed Illinois IBC's---RE-SCHEDULED!!!!
January 16-18,2010 3-DAY IBC!!!
Pappy's Second (Almost) Annual IBC, Ottawa IL

ATTN: If you are interested in becoming an Instructor and would like to attend an IBC in Illinois, DO NOT WAIT TO SEE IT LISTED HERE!!! Send me a PM, and as soon as we have 4 interested in attending, we will start the scheduling process for an IBC ASAP, Thanks.

Garand69

Confirmed IL Mini-Appleseeds
TBA

Confirmed RWVA/Appleseed Special Meetings
TBA
Garand69

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

TheEditor

GOOD NEWS!

I just got back from the monthly meeting of the Danville, IL Rifle and Pistol Club, and the motion was passed unanimously to hold an Appleseed at their range this summer. 

Firm date will be set in about three weeks; it will be in July or August. 

The firing line there will accomodate 20-22 shooters, so I figure we will put a limit of 40 pre-regs on this one, and do relays. 

And the best news, I already have 11 "pre" pre-registered.   That is, as soon as this AS makes it to Eventbrite, we should have 11 right away. 

With a lot of lead time, I think we should be able to fill this thing. 

I'll be forwarding the paperwork as soon as I get the firm date. 

If this goes well (as I'm sure it will) we should be able to do at least three a year there (June, July, and August). 

TheEditor
John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

Garand69

Excellent Work TE!!!! I have some good news of my own. Chillicothe Sportsman's Club is adding another Appleseed to the schedule! Pending approval APPROVED at the January Meeting, another 3-Day Appleseed Shoot for Memorial Day weekend!!!!!
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

TreadCarefully

Spare the tar and feathers, spoil the politician.

"Pain is temporary. Quitting is forever." - Lance Armstrong

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc."

TheEditor

TheEditor here.

I have signed up to instruct on 4-19 weekend.  Told Nickle I was available for any Illinios shoot.  I'm on the sched for Ottawa right now, but have gun (and instructor ability), will travel.

TE
John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

Garand69

Thanks TE.

I almost said thanks for stepping up to the plate, but you've already been there and knocked a few out of the park!  O0
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

TheEditor

Some flyers for IGOLD and beyond...

John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

Garand69

Heads Up Folks!!!!!

Danville Rifle & Pistol Club, Danville IL July 25-26/09 Confirmed/Added!!!!

ISRA Rifle Range, Bonfield IL, October 3-4/09 Confirmed/Added!!!!
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

Garand69

Heads Up Folks!!!!!

Last Second Addition to the IL Schedule

September  12th & 13th
Carmi, IL

http://www.eventbrite.com/event/406999346
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

Garand69

Heads Up, our 19th shoot for 2009 has been submitted!!!!!
(well 20 if you count Bristol WI  **) )

Kenny's DAR
Durand IL
October 10-11, 2009
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

Garand69

OPERATION MOOSE JAW IS A GO!!!!!
1st Annual State Dinner!!!!

Where; Ottawa Moose Lodge
When; December 19th, 2009 - 6:00PM - 10ish
Approx $15.00 per plate, all you can eat (this is good eatin' folks!)
RSVP- Garand69 via PM!!!! We have to have a head count by 12/12/09!!
Attire; Casual Appleseed :lol

Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz