News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Thank you Waco

Started by UGaVet, February 21, 2013, 04:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGaVet

^:)^
I took what I learned to heart.  Today I have taken the next step.
I went to the CMP to look and left having bought 3 M1 Garands!  ;) I can't believe it!  #)
I can't wait to get these babies cleaned up and sighted in.
My son now has the bug, too.  He went along and zeroed in on a collector grade M1C. Too rich even for my blood. :slap:   Besides, who needs a scope!  The boys in 1775 only had their eyes! :bow:
Thanks, again, to all the guys at Waco. O0  You did a bang up job. &)  I will be back for more. ;)

Guardian

Congrats on the purchases! Looking forward to seeing those on the line!

PHenry

Congratulations!

The only rifle I have ever felt compelled to name is an M1 Garand. Her name is "Sally".

As in "Long tall Sally, she built mighty sweet, she got everything uncle John need"

O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

failureToExtract

3 Garands!  Very jealous right now!    :)  I have been thinking about making that trip over to Alabama too.  Maybe I can do that by the end of the year.  I will drag my father-in-law too.  He mentioned a few years ago that he would love to have a Garand.  That is what he trained on in basic training.  Care to post pics of your newly aquired pieces of history?  They might just motivate some more of us to follow suit!   ;D

Barry

rdhood

Nice stuff, UGaVet.

I am just popping in to say "Thank You Waco"  as well.  I went to Rising Fawn and shot Rifleman on 5 AQTs in a row on Sunday.

I couldn't have done it without the instruction I received at Waco (in Nov, and again in Feb).  O0

Tribe

Congrats rhood.  5 in a row, that's tearing it up for sure!  Great job!!!! 
"Individualism and Collectivism are not two sides of the same road, with a safe rut for you in the middle. They are two roads going into opposite directions. One leads to freedom, justice and prosperity; the other—to slavery, horror and destruction. The choice is yours to make." —Ayn Rand

"If we suffer tamely a lawless attack upon our liberty, we encourage it, and involve others in our doom. It is a very serious consideration, which should deeply impress our minds, that millions yet unborn may be the miserable sharers of the event." - Samuel Adams

Wy Knott

Yeah! I've never done 5 in a row. Time to go back to the mat... :cool2:
"I have no respect for a man hoo can only spell a word one way"
-Andrew Jackson
I love you goose- you brought cookies and sharpies...what more could a person want?