News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Video and Essay by Matt Bracken

Started by jmdavis, February 20, 2013, 02:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmdavis

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

Pain Killer

Matt Bracken wrote an excellent book "Enemies, Foreign and Domestic" Has some parallels about what is going on today I think.

PK

http://www.amazon.com/Enemies-Foreign-Domestic-Matthew-Bracken/dp/0972831010
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

jmdavis

Actually there is a trilogy of Enemies books.

Enemies Foreign and Domestic
Domestic Enemies
Foreign Enemies and Traitors

He also has a fourth book out Castigo Cay and  a collection of Essays
The Bracken Anthology

http://www.amazon.com/Matthew-Bracken/e/B00350B7EU/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."

Pain Killer

Have you read the Trilogy? I only read the one and I liked it a lot!

PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

jmdavis

Yes. I think that I finished it 3 or 4 years ago. Soon after the last book was out. They get even better. I really like the Essays. Many of them are available online, but it was worth .99 to me to have them all in one place.

Johnnyappleseed

I have and nearly everyone I know have read the Bracken trilogy ! The novels are interesting ,thought provocing and informative.

I believe Fred many have a few copies laying around for sale ,at cost as I recall.

For more info on disarmament and genocide ,check out JPFO s film "Innocents Betrayed " financed in part by Fred's M14 s. It's difficult to find an educational pro liberty venue that Fred has not financially supported.
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Maximum Ordinate

Quote from: Pain Killer on February 20, 2013, 03:08:40 PM
Have you read the Trilogy? I only read the one and I liked it a lot!

PK

I read the first two books, but haven't picked up the third yet.  I enjoyed the second book.  My reading list is loooooooooooooooooooong, and my Kindle is already stuffed with books to read.   :)
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Pain Killer

I ordered the other two books today, thanks for the feedback. I suggest you read, Patriots by James Wesley Rawles and Light's Out

PK