News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

PLEASE Sign and Pass Link around for others to sign, Petition to repeal NY SAFE

Started by ramit, February 18, 2013, 03:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R1SGx2

"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

The Mrs.

Think with love and truth
See with love and truth
Speak with love and truth
Hear with love and truth
And come from the heart, with love, and truth, and honor.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead  US anthropologist

Josey Wales

..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

ramit

Good morning ...
tnx gents, and tnx to all the signed it.

Found the clip below as I was going thru my zillion emials in my inboxes this morning.

haven't had a chance to verify the content of this email (but I did check out the links - they are all real and good), but it seems to be from the originator of the above petition....

QuoteAttention Long Islanders who are against the NY SAFE Act, the NYS Legislature is getting ready to seek repeal of this ridiculous law. I urge you to contact your respective Assemblyman and Senator and urge them to repeal the act. They can then sit down and have a debate over certain legislation. Yes, we don't want the violent or mentally ill having firearms. Yes, we want to see criminals punished..How about no parole for criminals who commit crimes with firearms. Yes, our pistol licenses should not be made public records.

Please read this and contact them. Use the article in your e-mail Tell them you are watching them and if they vote against us and do not take our constitutional rights into consideration, that you will mobilize your friends and neighbors in their district and vote them out. We can no longer be complacent....

http://thebatavian.com/howard-owens/legislature-poised-call-repeal-cuomos-gun-control-law/36188

NY Senate: http://www.nysenate.gov/senators

NY Assembly: http://assembly.state.ny.us/mem/

Please feel free to share with other like-minded contacts. Thanks

This message is from Michael Ierardi who started the petition "Suffolk County Legislature: To introduce a resolution calling for the repeal of the NY SAFE Act," which you signed on Change.org.

View the petition  |  View and reply to this message online

ramit

Revman

Please edit as you see fit

Re: New York State SAFE ACT

The actions of all involved elected officials
with this bill ignore the principles our founding fathers fought for
in the establishment of this great nation. Furthermore, these actions
erode the public's trust in our elected officials and leave its
constituents with a law that has numerous technical flaws.
It is not the decision of government to decide on how the citizens of
a free and democratic society shall defend themselves from tyranny and
blatant ignorance of the law .
It further hinders law abiding citizens who have the right, established
by our creator to bear arms, from defending themselves and will
create a new layer of criminal offenders. In common terms, this law
will not deter crime since criminals as for their definition do not  follow the law.
Please do not attempt to defend me with adolescent legislature.
:DH:
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country