News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseeds in Iowa 2009

Started by IOWA-mark, July 31, 2008, 10:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IOWA-mark

Where will they be?

We need to start looking and talking to potential ranges now, before they start setting up their range schedules for 2009.

I would like to see us do nine or more, in Iowa, in 2009.
All four corners, several in the middle, and sprinkle some in between or on the borders.

What to look for:  The willing.  That's about it.  Size of range or firing line capacity does not really matter.  With enough shoots we will service them all.  Remember each Appleseed reaches more Iowans and also allows us to train instructors on the job.   There are only about three million Iowans, there are currently only so many shooters, it will be a slow go at first (look at Texas for an example!) but we will build a faithful core and the program will grow here too.

Any Ideas please forward them by posting here or pm or chase them on your own!

-mark

ps.  Getting a range to say yes is easier than you think.  The hard part is getting yourself off the couch!

Alex

Something to think about when looking for a range to hold an Appleseed is that it does not have to be a true rifle range. If you know someone, or are someone who has 25 meters of land that has a good backstop you have an Appleseed range. Target stands can be built, and a firing line can be set up. The state of Iowa isn't huge, but it is a little large for the small group of volunteers to go and seek out ranges. We could use as much help as we can get finding places to hold Appleseeds. If you need help, Information, or support you can contact Iowa-Mark or myself. Thanks too everyone who is out there working on finding us a place. Keep up the good work.
Intellect is invisible to the man who has none.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine

oldbolts

Greeting fellow iowegions ;). Im new, live in E.Iowa. just a thought, how many folks have Ikes ranges in their area? Im sure we all know folks that we hunt/shoot with that are members. Maybe a good way to enlist the smaller ranges .

Fred

There is no range too small, no AS too small - as the smallest flame can create the greatest conflagation - Confucius Fred

(No smiley, so you know I'm serious... ;D)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

oldbolts

Has anyone ever approached the local DNR about perhaps getting space at one of the public ranges? I mean, if a local group of shooters would volunteer to do a few improvements to the range it might be feasible, no? Still new to the program. Just a thought.

oldbolts

Talked to an RSO for a local club today. May be interested in a shoot. Will update when I get more hammered out. O0

Garand69

Thats always good news neighbor  O0
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz