News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

.22lr tip

Started by Kimber Custom, February 05, 2013, 07:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimber Custom

I was in Dick's today at Hayden Meadows and the clerk said 'oh cool, we're getting an order of .22's'. He said 6 (I assume cases) of the 525 bulk pack. Said the order would be in @4a and the doors open at 9.

Kimber Custom

Friday btw, he said the order should arrive Friday

Audrey

Josh has Friday off (to go to the state capitol gathering) so maybe he'll go up early to snag some of these. Do you know if they're doing any per person limits?

slim

Dick's hates America. I will not spend a penny there.

Kimber Custom

He didn't mention one and I didn't ask.

Slim, I respect your opinion and have my own issues with Dick's, Wal-Mart, Costco and a few others. In this case I'll make an extra donation to SAF.org and write an extra letter to my elected officials so that my daughter's can shoot at this weekends event.

George Hacker

If Dick's is getting an upstream supply, then I will keep an eye open at Bimart and other typical ammo sources.

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Audrey

We are going to bring our spare .22lr ammo to the Eagle Creek shoot this weekend; we'll sell it to you for what we paid (normal prices, not gun show markups). If people are considering not going because of a lack of ammo we can probably figure something out!

George Hacker

Quote from: Audrey on February 06, 2013, 02:55:44 PM
We are going to bring our spare .22lr ammo to the Eagle Creek shoot this weekend; we'll sell it to you for what we paid (normal prices, not gun show markups). If people are considering not going because of a lack of ammo we can probably figure something out!

Thank you for being willing to help others in need, Audrey.  There is a lot of discussion on the forums on how instructors and shoot bosses can help shooters improve their marksmanship while sending fewer rounds downrange.  As always, we need to make every shot count.

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Edheler

SGAmmo has CCI Standard Velocity .22LR in stock:

http://www.sgammo.com/product/cci/500rd-brick-22-lr-cci-standard-velocity-22-long-rifle-ammo-0035-limit-4-bricks

It's $34.95 per brick plus shipping with a 4 brick maximum. I am sure it won't last long.

Edheler

If you don't start ordering about now, I wouldn't worry about my previous message. They only have 57 bricks left in stock at the moment and there were almost 500 when I posted the previous message.

Nero

Yep, it's cleaned out.
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

Edheler

Quote from: Nero on February 06, 2013, 05:22:38 PM
Yep, it's cleaned out.

I bought the limit of 4 bricks and wonder if anyone else got in on it. It's hard to believe that they sold 250,000 rounds of .22LR in less than 15 minutes.

jmdavis

In October before everyone went crazy CMP sold 12,000 cases of Remington White Box in 4 days. That's 60,000,000 rounds. So 250k in 15 minutes or a bit longer seems about normal.

For me, 4 bricks is about a month or six weeks of practice.
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

TheSquirrelPatrol

I've been doing a lunch-time circle of my local gun store, Fisherman's, Dick's, and Big-5 every day at lunch for the last two weeks trying to get enough .22lr ammo for this weekend's event in Springfield.  Monday, my LGS had CCI mini-mags in trays of 100, limit 1 per customer.  Every other day, either no ammo was delivered or it had been delivered overnight and was gone before I got there at lunchtime.  Today, the stars aligned, and at lunchtime Fisherman's had quite the supply, I was able to pick up the limit of one Federal 525 bulk box, and 3 Federal American Eagle 50 packs.  On the way home from work at 5pm they had long since sold out of the bulk boxes, but still had a fair amount of the 50 packs available and I picked up 3 more boxes.  Then I swung by my LGS, and they had a large stack of Federal automatch 325 boxes.  Then I got home and UPS had delivered my order of CCI standard velocities.  I'm now good on ammo for this event, and the next event in April.  I may even be able to get in some practice in between.  Hopefully a bit of sanity is returning.

Charles McKinley

MidwayUSA was supposed to have bulk Ficcochi (sp) today but no email yet and Remington Buckets 3/26/12 They are listed as comming soon.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery