News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New potential AS location

Started by para45acp, February 04, 2013, 01:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

para45acp

:)
I am happy to announce that for the foreseeable future, I and my business partners will be running a local shooting range. I really hope we can get Appleseed up and running out there ASAP! A little paperwork still in play, but we should be starting the cleanup/remod process by the beginning of next month. Hope to start seeing many of you on a much more regular basis  ;)

:---
Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10

Dougum

Wheres it at? Sure hope its a little closer to home than other ranges.
Love your country, but never trust its government.

-- Robert A. Heinlein

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"

-- George Washington

You say drake I say Brantley gilbert

You say T-Pain I say Jason Aldean

You say Kanye I say randy houser

You say Pink I say Kenny Chesney

You say Pop I scream COUNTRY

You say Justin Bieber I rip your head off

para45acp

Dillon...where we hold the youth shoot!
Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10

Charles McKinley

Is this the reason for the Shootboss question above?

Bit of a hike for a regular gig but my hat color will be changing soon.

May you have great success with this venture!
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

para45acp

Seperate issue...but we will certainly need a "resident" shoot boss for Dillon  @&)

Thank you for the good word...

:)

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10

Ratchett

Para that is great news, running your own range---WOOHOO!!

I am sure we can get something going--LOL!
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

FingerTip

Hey does anyone have any info on AS locations around Piqua/Greenville/Miami county/darke county area for me and DGmilty(dad) :sos:

Barbie

Quote from: FingerTip on February 12, 2013, 12:15:26 PM
Hey does anyone have any info on AS locations around Piqua/Greenville/Miami county/darke county area for me and DGmilty(dad) :sos:

http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-display.php?qstate=OH&statename=Ohio
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Edheler

Could someone link a coordinate. I have not been able to find a Dillon, Ohio. I don't know why I am being map-challenged at the moment.

para45acp

Sorry...it's Dillon State Park, not a town. It's North of Zanesville Ohio and about 45 minutes East of Columbus.

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10

Edheler

Well, in that case, I will be one of the closer shoot bosses. Looks like it's about 2 hours from me. :)

para45acp

O0 Cool!

Just so you are aware...I have a significant amount of .22Lr provided by Buckeye Firearms Foundation specifically for the purpose of conducting our annual Youth Shoot, and Appleseed shoots! The ammo crunch will NOT effect .22 shooters at our location this Summer  :---

I look forward to meeting with you on site and making plans for our first event!!

I can't wait  ..:..

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10

Chevyshooter

HI Para , Doug and I will be interested in helping when we can .   O0
Apothy - the end of America as we know it. Honor our Forefathers and thier sacrifice, not only of life but also that of their families on April 1775 on behalf of God and fellow Countrymen.

Corvette

Guys it was great to meet you both tonight at the Buckeye firearms Buckeye Bash.  I talked with Dave about scheduling an evening next week for me to come over and inspect the range and talk through details.  You both have my card but if you lost it or just can't find it, send me a PM or reply here. I will see it and we can get it arranged.  We are excited about adding you to our schedule. 

Talk with you soon. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

para45acp

It was great meeting with you Corvette! We are still hammering on the old clubs schedule, but looks like we may try for our first AS in June. I'll keep you posted!

Working daily at the range to get things up and running. Cleaning, painting, clearing brush, dealing with YEARS of neglect in most cases. Just keep thinking about all the fun we are going to have out there in the coming years, and looking forward to building an Appleseed Family out there!

Our new website is up and running...still under construction! If you have any suggestions, please feel free to let me know. Already think we are going to make the Appleseed page it's own button instead of having it on the drop down menu for "Youth Programs". What do you all think?

www.dillonsportsmancenter.com

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10