News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

You Might Be An Appleseeder If...

Started by Adena, January 31, 2013, 11:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adena

"Children should be educated and instructed in the principles of freedom." - John Adams

"The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave." - Patrick Henry, Speech in the Virginia Convention, March 23, 1775

DEH

If everything you see is a potential target.
-Appleseed: '08-IBC, '09-Red Hat, '09-FT Stewart, '10-RBC, '14, '15, '22 KD
-I.C.E '11 Combat Focus Shooting.
-Tactical Response. '09-'12
-Fighting Rifle/Pistol, Immediate Action Medical, Way of the Rifle
-MTN Guerrilla-2013/Irreg Warfare
-Max Velocity Tactical. 2013-2022. RIFLEMAN,TEAM COYOTE
 CRCDx2,Combat Patrol, Rifleman Challenge,CQB,CTT,FOFx2. DCHx2.
-2Cor10:4-5. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, & bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

dreamerofdreams

You sit around some evenings doing nothing but playing "White Cockade" on the pennywhistle instead of practicing the pieces you need for a concert next week...
"On one man's soul it hath broken,
A light that doth not depart;
And his look, or a word he hath spoken,
Wrought flame in another man's heart."

Guardian

You've bought enough USGI slings to outfit your rifle collection twice, but you are still 3 short.
You buy USGI slings in bulk when everyone you know already has one.
You've learned how to make USGI slings "pretty" to eliminate the form over function argument.
You've built more LTRs than are currently in your possession.
You own adjustment tools to sighting systems you've never had installed on your rifles.
You know how many MOA each click of sight adjustment is for rifles you've never owned or fired.
You've given someone directions using the terms "support side" and "trigger side".
The word "load" is no longer used in your vocabulary for anything other than issuing a line command.
You cringe when you hear the word "load" used anywhere but the firing line, and your friends and family understand why.

Adena

A typical order from the CMP includes 10,000 rounds of .22LR.
Your children will correct strangers when they hear the line "The Bristish are coming..."
You argue with your spouse about who gets to go to which shoot since you both want to go to all of them!  ;)
"Children should be educated and instructed in the principles of freedom." - John Adams

"The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave." - Patrick Henry, Speech in the Virginia Convention, March 23, 1775

Wy Knott

Dreamerofdreams- change that to fife and you have my situation.  :cool2:
"I have no respect for a man hoo can only spell a word one way"
-Andrew Jackson
I love you goose- you brought cookies and sharpies...what more could a person want?

dreamerofdreams

Quote from: Wy Knott on February 22, 2013, 05:35:41 PM
Dreamerofdreams- change that to fife and you have my situation.  :cool2:

I wish I had a fife! That's on the to-do list, not that I need more instruments in this house...

TrebleShooter

I do believe there is a "You know You're a Rifleman when' page on FB too.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/190186144343577/

lol.  I love these

Wy Knott

How is the penny whistle to play? The fife is so loud that my mom won't let me play it in the house.I am kind of looking for a quieter wind instrument. ;)
-Andrew Jackson
I love you goose- you brought cookies and sharpies...what more could a person want?

dreamerofdreams

The lower pitched ones (C or D) are much quieter.  My G one can get a little shrill though!

Pitmaster

Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

TheIronMantis

Wy Knott

Quote from: dreamerofdreams on February 25, 2013, 07:13:53 AM
The lower pitched ones (C or D) are much quieter.  My G one can get a little shrill though!

That's interesting. Maybe I'll try one. Do they use treble clef?
-Andrew Jackson