News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

HB 997, Concealed Carry In Illinois

Started by 2 clicks low, January 31, 2013, 11:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2 clicks low

HB 997 has been introduced by Rep. Phelps.

Here is a link to the bill: http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=997&GAID=12&DocTypeID=HB&LegId=71413&SessionID=85&GA=98

Please contact your State Rep. and let know where you stand on this issue. Also have your friends and family do likewise.

The time to act is now. WRITE the 1 minute letter. Follow it with a PHONE CAll and an EMAIL. Do it again next week and every week as long as this issue is up for debate.

It would not hurt to also CC the Governer and your state Sen.

2 clicks low
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

2 clicks low

This may come up for a vote as soon as today. The current bill is HB 1155:
http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?DocName=09800HB1155ham027&GA=98&SessionId=85&DocTypeId=HB&LegID=71607&DocNum=1155&GAID=12&Session=

This bill has been amended 25+ times, including several by Rep Phelps, the author of HB997. Please contact your rep and let them know where you stand on this issue.
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Prairie Eagle

It is going to be a very interesting day in Illinois on this. It's all going to happen today. Myself I've made many calls and sent many emails since the weekend  :sos:, and now it's time for me to tune in and watch the process work  :pop:

If you have not yet contacted your reps, now is the time. Awake everyone, the Pols are out, the Pols ARE OUT!

Boston

Checked the status. Did this get put off another day?

Prairie Eagle

Quote from: Boston on February 27, 2013, 07:55:03 AM
Checked the status. Did this get put off another day?

It was a long day. After length discussion, 9 amendments were passed, most importantly Rep Phelps amendment 27, the original HB997 bill passed with 68 votes. 71 votes are needed on the issue of statewide preemption (and overruling Chicago's home rule).

To me there is strong evidence that if some concessions are made we can get the votes needed and have a statewide bill, and there are clearly enough votes to block any bad bills.

In short, Madigans sneaky tactics took it on the chin yesterday.