News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Off topic Knife sharpening

Started by Johnnyappleseed, January 24, 2013, 12:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnyappleseed

For decades ,i have been nearly obsessed with sharpening knives and tools .
I have purchased different systems from wet stones,tri-angle, pocket systems etc .

Finally I found one that's perfect !
It is an electric belt machine with angle guides for precise sharpening ,it is quick and inexpensive .(for what it does)

It is called Work Sharp and I bought it from Cabellas . As with all Cabellas merchandise it has a money back guarentee .
http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/search.cmd?form_state=searchForm&N=0&fsch=true&Ntk=AllProducts&Ntt=Knife+sharpeners&x=20&y=15&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Hinermad

Can you give us the name of the product? Your link just goes to a search results page with about 20 different products on it.

Dave
The problem with doing the right thing is that sometimes you do it on your own.

Pain Killer

Work Sharp, it's the 2nd one on the link. I have this product as well. It is expensive but worth it. You can sharpen a shovel with it as well.

PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

GEmanuel

I had been thinking about one of those, but I really like my Lansky rods. Then again Fred Flintstone liked dinosaurs too.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

Pitmaster

I'm a fan of the Accu-sharp and a steel. Although, I did like the video.
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

Charles McKinley

Work Sharp gets good reviews on the woodworking forums.

Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Hinermad

Quote from: Stand on January 25, 2013, 02:41:15 AM
Work Sharp gets good reviews on the woodworking forums.

Dad used to sharpen his knives on the same stones and strop that he used for his chisels, and his chisels would draw blood if you picked up the wrong end. (I only did that once.) So if the woodworkers like it that says a lot to me. Thanks!

Dave
The problem with doing the right thing is that sometimes you do it on your own.