News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas Sheriff^5

Started by Johnnyappleseed, January 22, 2013, 11:36:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnyappleseed

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Pain Killer

I'm sure he won't be the only sheriff to do this. However there are a number of police agencies all over the country that have a relationship with Homeland Security and have taken Fed. money. These agencies will abide by Executive Order.
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Johnnyappleseed

Quote from: Pain Killer on January 22, 2013, 01:19:40 PM
I'm sure he won't be the only sheriff to do this. However there are a number of police agencies all over the country that have a relationship with Homeland Security and have taken Fed. money. These agencies will abide by Executive Order.
Unfortunately you are correct .
Lets  not forget our "friends" in media that will demonize these hero's ,as they did to Sheriff Richard Mack .
Mack as you recall was targeted by the crummy little newspaper in Safford Az. He incurred their wrath by challenging the Brady law and winning.
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

StarsfanJ

Which is why it's critical that we all do whatever we can to make sure our views get heard. Maybe all the letters I've been writing are totally in vain, but I'm choosing to think they might be a small part of a bigger wave.

I'd urge anyone else in Collin Co. to write Sheriff Box and let him know you appreciate him supporting the oath he took and our rights as citizens of his county. If you totally disagree with his statements you should let your views be heard too (though if you do disagree keep in mind you probably have bunches of stuff that needs doing and it's completely fine if you can't find the time. We'll understand  ;) )

If you don't live in Collin Co. it might be time to write your sheriff and ask where he/she stands.

Transform

Quote from: StarsfanJ on January 22, 2013, 07:19:02 PM
Which is why it's critical that we all do whatever we can to make sure our views get heard. Maybe all the letters I've been writing are totally in vain, but I'm choosing to think they might be a small part of a bigger wave.

No effort is ever totally in vain. Some are more effective and some are less effective, and the desire to be efficient compels us to focus on being as effective as possible. But all of our small efforts, and even our failed efforts, are not truly in vain if they make us into better people. Keep writing those letters!

Johnnyappleseed

I guessing 50 persons who liked  Sheriff Mack could have forced the newspaper to back off their attack.
If nothing else ,contacting the advertisers should do the trick.
Keep up the good work , we need to keep these  hero's in our data banks ! They will be attacked at election time.

Calvin Coolidge

CaptG

Our newly sworn in Sheriff, who I am proud to call my friend, has also weighed in on this subject. He has a standing invitation for himself and his officers to come out to an appleseed.

http://patriotstatesman.com/2013/01/texas-sheriff-jack-brandes-stands-up-against-obamas-gun-control-agenda/

G
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

Green Bean

Quote from: CaptG on January 26, 2013, 04:24:00 PM
Our newly sworn in Sheriff, who I am proud to call my friend, has also weighed in on this subject. He has a standing invitation for himself and his officers to come out to an appleseed.

http://patriotstatesman.com/2013/01/texas-sheriff-jack-brandes-stands-up-against-obamas-gun-control-agenda/

G

It might be hard to coordinate but maybe offer him a one day private mini(LEO)seed for him a few deputies to spark interest. 

dragit

Removed comment
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer

Johnnyappleseed

Quote from: Green Bean on January 27, 2013, 12:29:08 AM
Quote from: CaptG on January 26, 2013, 04:24:00 PM

G

It might be hard to coordinate but maybe offer him a one day private mini(LEO)seed for him a few deputies to spark interest.
Good idea , I believe Francis Marion has held AS for LEOs
Possibly a PM to him may give you some extra points to consider .
Calvin Coolidge