News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Amusing article of several levels

Started by Johnnyappleseed, January 18, 2013, 01:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnyappleseed

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news%2Flocal%2Fnew_york&id=8958116

Are they suggesting New Yorkers will make citizens arrest of LEOs for loading more than 7 rds?

Excuse me officer ,may I examine your pistol to make sure you are in compliance?

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Another D.O.M.

I don't think I would c all it amusing.  They were in such a hurry to bypass the state constitutional requirement of a three day public commentary period that hey screwed it up.  They also 'forgot' to enumerate a good portion of the enforcement side of the new regulations - leaving an open-ended 'law'' that can be interpreted and changed any time, anywhere, for any reason.

QuoteState Senator Eric Adams, a former NYPD Captain, told us he's going to push for an amendment next week to exempt police officers from the high-capacity magazine ban. In his words, "You can't give more ammo to the criminals"

I'm sorry, maybe I've missed something here.  If everyone is limited to seven rounds per magazine, how does this constitute giving more ammo to 'the criminals'?  How can seven in one mag be 'more' than seven in another?

Amusing, no.  Ignorant?  Well, you be the judge.
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

azmule

Why would the police need them - don't they know that the only possible use for a high capacity magazine is to facilitate mowing down whole crowds of people?   >:D
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

Johnnyappleseed

Quote from: Another D.O.M. on January 18, 2013, 02:08:43 PM
I don't think I would c all it amusing.  They were in such a hurry to bypass the state constitutional requirement of a three day public commentary period that hey screwed it up.  They also 'forgot' to enumerate a good portion of the enforcement side of the new regulations - leaving an open-ended 'law'' that can be interpreted and changed any time, anywhere, for any reason.

QuoteState Senator Eric Adams, a former NYPD Captain, told us he's going to push for an amendment next week to exempt police officers from the high-capacity magazine ban. In his words, "You can't give more ammo to the criminals"

I'm sorry, maybe I've missed something here.  If everyone is limited to seven rounds per magazine, how does this constitute giving more ammo to 'the criminals'?  How can seven in one mag be 'more' than seven in another?

Amusing, no.  Ignorant?  Well, you be the judge.

Totally agree ,the words more appropriate , are stupid,ignorant,foolish,despicable ,disgusting ,moronic and several more unprintable come to mind .
The above quote about giving more ammo to the criminals is absolutely the statement of an idiot .

I am still more than curious as to who could enforce a mag capacity limit on police ? It has been my understanding that police enforce laws --- could be amusing to see one cop charge another cop with violating the 7 rd mag law .
I would hope those leaving NYstate would be the most dedicated in working to elect progun reps in their new adopted state .
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

oladcock

Why should the police be allowed to carry more than you or me? We face the same threats and the cops aren't there yet! :)...O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx