Author Topic: Oklahoma doing the founders proud  (Read 826 times)

Offline Johnnyappleseed

• designated Shoot Boss
  • Mingus ten oh six
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Offline Scarecrow

• Shoot Boss
Re: Oklahoma doing the founders proud
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 05:21:22 PM »
Here in Oklahoma the Constitution is strongly guarded for the most part by most of us.
I missed this article. Thanks for posting it.  O0
Sometimes Oklahoma is better than just "OK".
I hope it passes into law.
The battle will never be over unfortunately.
As I see it, I have the rights even if not protected by our Constitution.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 05:29:21 PM by Scarecrow »

Offline andychicken

• Instructor In Training 2
  • Sight aligner and trigger squeezer
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 05:56:29 PM »
I overlooked that article too, and am both glad and proud to see it there!    ^:)^

May it be passed quickly and cleanly.

Offline SKSRifleman

• RWVA Instructor
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 08:11:18 PM »
Very happy to see this being put forth. Hopefully it passes and becomes law. Anybody going to the Capitol rally tomorrow at noon?

Offline henschman

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 01:50:35 AM »
The nice thing about the 2A is that it provides its own penalty for violators.  :D
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

Offline K98Al

• RWVA Instructor
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 10:14:47 AM »
I love Oklahoma.
Before we can defeat our external enemies, we must first meet and defeat everything in ourselves that is weak, lazy, and cowardly; everything in our character that is materialistic rather than spiritual, which seeks weak compromise and accommodation rather than struggle and victory.

Offline lastround

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 01:35:45 PM »
I think we have more positive things to look forward to from our legislators here in OK..I was in OKC yesterday  !9th)for the Guns across america rally and some of them spoke...very sincere about upholding the 2nd amendment..hope others had the opportunity to attend...

Offline henschman

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 08:08:55 PM »
Yep... I know at least Scarecrow, SKSmarksman and I were there.  It was a very good event.

"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

Offline Surveyor1653

• Instructor In Training 3
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 12:28:40 AM »
So proud of my adopted home. 

If we weren't signing up school staff on the 19th for the training we're providing our whole training group would have been in OKC.  Glad you guys were able to get out there.