News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Aint no place like Texas!

Started by Two Wolves, January 17, 2013, 09:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Wolves

Here is an interesting article where the Attorney General of Texas is inviting the good citizens of New York to bring their guns and relocate to Texas. Nothing would please me more than to have those fine Appleseeders filling the lines here. Please follow the link to read the full story. In Liberty, Two Wolves   :cool2:                 

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/17/us-usa-guns-texas-idUSBRE90G1DA20130117
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

CaptG

"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

K98Al

We had a big infestation of displaced persons from a different region of the country here in Oklahoma back in the late 70s/early 80s. Couple of good summers usually gets rid of the worst ones.
Before we can defeat our external enemies, we must first meet and defeat everything in ourselves that is weak, lazy, and cowardly; everything in our character that is materialistic rather than spiritual, which seeks weak compromise and accommodation rather than struggle and victory.

sgtrock

Quote from: scuzzy on January 17, 2013, 10:16:58 PM
Quote from: colycat on January 17, 2013, 09:59:29 PM
Take them all, but beware..... they will bring everything that has failed with them.  I am living that horror story 1 hr north of Madison WI.  Get out because everything sucks and vote the same.

Yup, you're right about that. They move from where they made life a living hell and move somewhere else thinking 'It will be different this time. We just need another try at it.'

Maybe Texas ought to create a new law that all new potential residents must own at least one scary black rifle before they can set foot in our country, I mean state. Or own at least one firearm in every caliber known to mankind, just like the residents.

Interesting,,,  all encompassing statement here,,, we're Appleseeders too,,,

an old saying I use around here,,,, for when you point a finger at someone, there is 3 pointing back at you,,, I am sure you get the meaning,,,

Edited on my own accord

Good luck

Another D.O.M.

The direction this topic has taken is not productive at all.

Those of us in NY who still value liberty are aware that we have problems, and we're aware of what those problems are.  Having folks from other areas of the country making sport of our dilemma doesn't help.

I would suggest that a more proactive approach from our neighbors to the south would be for Texas to solicit 20 million of it's residents to relocate to NY and help us regain control of our runaway government and re-institute a respect for our Constitution.  20 million freedom loving Texans can eliminate our problems in one election cycle.  And then they would be free to return to their beloved Texas.
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

boltgun71

Quote from: scuzzy on January 17, 2013, 10:16:58 PM
Quote from: colycat on January 17, 2013, 09:59:29 PM
Take them all, but beware..... they will bring everything that has failed with them.  I am living that horror story 1 hr north of Madison WI.  Get out because everything sucks and vote the same.

Yup, you're right about that. They move from where they made life a living hell and move somewhere else thinking 'It will be different this time. We just need another try at it.'

I dont appreciatte these statements either.  I grew up and currently live in Upstate New York.  Due to the recent legislation I will be moving from NY.  Im already working on going to gunsmithing college in Colorado starting January 2014, but thought of returning to NY afterwards, but that is no longer the case.  Once I move at the end of the year I wont be coming back except to visit family and friends.  But wherever it is I settle, I DARE anyone to greet me with the beliefs spoken above.

I didnt vote for any of the POS's that enacted this legislation.  My views are just as conservative and right as most on this board.  I have good friends in NYC that have more right wing views than many other Appleseeders and are far from liberal.  But we have become the minority in the voteing block of our state and our voice dont count.  Those of us that are willing to move, leave our homes, friends, and family because of this anti-gun legislation, what the heck do you think our political views would be that we would be bringing to YOUR states?  Pro-Gun, Pro-Constitutional, Traditional American views, thats what.  Dont make some kind of BS statement about bringing our liberal policies to your states and ruining your lives.

Im moving.  I fought in Iraq and Afghanistan.
A good friend of mine is moving.  He fought in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Somalia.
Another friend of mine that fought in Irag and Afghanistan is moving.
A family member of mine is considering moving and he too served in the Army.
None of us our liberal but we all call NY home.  And we all served for ALL of the United States, not New York.  We better be welcome wherever we damn choose.
I dont know a single liberal person who has mentioned moving because of this legislation.  Then again where I am from in NY, liberals are far and damn few in between.  But keep painting us Yankees as liberal anti-gun's that will ruin your way of life.

If your a moderator and making these comments you better check your moral compass.  Its jacked the hell up.

colycat

My comments were in NO WAY directed at anyone in Applesseed, but were a general comment on what seems to happen when people escape from areas that are all screwed up.  Talk to residents of the surrounding states of CA.  Or in my own back yard, once a 4 lane hwy went in to the peoples republic of Madison,  the new residents are voting the complete opposite of liberty.

I am sickened by what has taken place in NYS and pray that the new laws can be beaten back.

We have to hang together or we will certainly hang separately,
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

jmdavis

Hmmm.
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

Johnnyappleseed

A few years back ,I had occasion to talk with a very well educated person .
We were discussing the best places for liberty ,this person told me "he did a study " and concluded the best place was Idaho !

He then added the caveat ,"that will change though because of TV getting into all areas!

While we have a common love of liberty ,we have a common enemy as well , an enemy so insidious and powerful the ony option is to stop feeding that beast .

BTW too many of those who move to escape tyranny do not help the places they move too
Take my word ,or send a PM to Savage Shootr asking her who worked the last election at gunshows!
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

GEmanuel

I have a pretty simple litmus test for anyone wanting to leave the State where they currently reside.
How many Amendments to the Constitution comprise the Bill of Rights?
If you can't answer that question, you get to stay where you are, and you lose all of your government benefits. Of course we will not deprive you of the "Right to remain silent" in fact we will encourage you to exercise this right at every opportunity and may well insist upon it as appropriate.
Did I mention you have 1 year to memorize and be able to verbally defend every word in the entire Constitution and the Declaration of Independence as well as take the same Oath that all persons take upon joining the Armed Forces of the United States. Failure to comply will result in your loss of voting rights as you have at this point proven yourself to be totally uninformed and without civic merit.
To those of us who pass my little "test" we can go about our business, move freely about the country and mock at will those who have not measured up. We may then enjoy a reasonable assurance that those civically disadvantaged persons who were at one time  afforded the same input into our decisions as those of us who have truly worked at practicing citizenship have succumbed and we will finally be free of their stupidity.
If they do not like that, they have the ability to request a special passport marked "one way" to the destination of their choice which will be their final benefit from a grateful nation
My test for politicians is almost as simple and will be administered after the one year probationary period has expired on the above.
"How many elections can you win if all of your constituents are well informed, know their rights and are willing to defend them, with or without you?"
If you would like to be offended at my comments, feel free to do so, I am working on your test as you type.
Is this politically correct? Next question!.
^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ &) &) ..:.. ..:..
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: GEmanuel on January 18, 2013, 02:04:10 PMI have a pretty simple litmus test for anyone wanting to leave the State where they currently reside.
How many Amendments to the Constitution comprise the Bill of Rights?
If you can't answer that question, you get to stay where you are, and you lose all of your government benefits. Of course we will not deprive you of the "Right to remain silent" in fact we will encourage you to exercise this right at every opportunity and may well insist upon it as appropriate.
Did I mention you have 1 year to memorize and be able to verbally defend every word in the entire Constitution and the Declaration of Independence as well as take the same Oath that all persons take upon joining the Armed Forces of the United States. Failure to comply will result in your loss of voting rights as you have at this point proven yourself to be totally uninformed and without civic merit.
To those of us who pass my little "test" we can go about our business, move freely about the country and mock at will those who have not measured up. We may then enjoy a reasonable assurance that those civically disadvantaged persons who were at one time  afforded the same input into our decisions as those of us who have truly worked at practicing citizenship will finally be free of your stupidity.
If they do not like that, they have the ability to request a special passport marked "one way" to the destination of their choice which will be their final benefit from a grateful nation
My test for politicians is almost as simple and will be administered after the one year probationary period has expired on the above.
"How many elections can you win if all of your constituents are well informed, know their rights and are willing to defend them, with or without you?"
If you would like to be offended at my comments, feel free to do so, I am working on your test as you type.
Is this politically correct? Next question!.
^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ &) &) ..:.. ..:..
<content removed by author>

How is this NOT the same as the way the progressives do things?  You're no different than they are, you just have a different viewpoint.
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Chainsaw

What the hell are you guys doing here?

It's embarrassing that I even had to spent 15 seconds asking the question.

We have better things to do.
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

Fred

Yep, we don't need an "internet fight" to start, when one doesn't need to start. (Yipes! I'd say we have plenty of people after us, enough so we don't need to be smacking each other in this program.)

I'd suggest the OP be deleted as it is copyrighted material, and a link to that material be inserted in its place. Copyright issues are mighty sensitive issues, and all kinds of unreasonable responses can occur when you violate copyright law, none of them good.

Second, those of you who have an ill-opinion of colycat are unwitting victims of the smear campaign against him by some of the people who are no longer in the program.  I'd want to think twice before I think ill of a fellow ASer based on an anonymous smear campaign.

I'm not trying to get a fight going over any source of your negative opinion of coly - if you believe you are right, keep your opinion - only do like I do, and don't express a negative opinion of a fellow hard-working ASer on this forum. Personally, I'd suggest you hold off on any judgement of him until you've at least had a chance to meet him, and "see for yourself..." Surely your first-hand opinion would be more accurate than any scurrilous PM/email attacks by people with ample negative intentions, I would think.

Now, as Chainsaw says, "we have better things to do" - I hope. :) O0
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Transform

To everyone who has posted on this thread:  Please save the moderators some work cleaning up after you.
Go back and review your own posts and clean up your own comments, if necessary.

If you posted a personal comment of any kind, well, you already know that violates basic Appleseed policy.

If you used labels or categories, well, you already know that Appleseed is a non-partisan organization and that instructors have a WIDE diversity of backgrounds and beliefs. (If you don't know that, PM me and I'll explain it.)
(For the record:  right, left, conservative, liberal, progressive, and Yankee are all labels that don't belong here.)

If you disparaged the good people of NY, well, you already know that's not productive; we're ALL Americans.

The moderators are MUCH too busy bailing to clean up after you, so please clean up after yourself!

Thank you to those who edited or removed their posts this weekend.
I had planned on removing this post as well, but I was advised to leave it stand.

Green Bean

Two Wolves

Yes, Davy Crockett---another great American. Born in Tennesse and fought and died for Texas. Had it not been for the great patriots of this country, us Texans would be speaking only spanish. Thanks for sharing Green Bean. ~ Two Wolves
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Johnnyappleseed

It is an unfortunate reality of life that many who leave places they cannot tolerate because of political considerations do not evaluate their complicity by voting in these anti rights individuals .

Seems a gunowner who does not vote pro2a is the problem .
There are many credible groups tracking votes directly related to RKBA . While the TV and newspaper will work cleverly to mislead you ,single issue groups do not .

I am a single  issue voter and finally I will take an electable D- candidate over an electable F rated .
Choosing an unelectable candidate is how we have an F- senator representing California .

In that the founders beat Royal Blood and established a constitutional republic ,it seems prudent we learn as much as possible about our form of govt.

If more of us did ,we may not be having  these continuous attacks on our  unalienable rights .
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

CaptG

I feel empathy for all of us who live in places where we get out voted by the lazy, the ignorant or the just plain evil. I've lived all my adult life with representatives who pretty much agree with me, but still see my views on the direction of our Country negated by others. All I can think to do is to keep up the effort to overcome in the end.
If Texas ever came to the point that the northeast is in now, (and in the urban areas it's close) I don't think I'd leave. Just like I'd never leave the U.S. and give in to those who for one reason or the other would take the gift of freedom from us.
We've got to stand. There's no place left to go.
G
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

floydf

Quote from: K98Al on January 18, 2013, 08:10:19 AM
We had a big infestation of displaced persons from a different region of the country here in Oklahoma back in the late 70s/early 80s. Couple of good summers usually gets rid of the worst ones.

That's what happened to Colorado:  no summer.  Thank God for the heat.  Hope to see you out in Pecos this year.
"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed — where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once."

Kozinski, dissent in Silveira v. Lockyer