News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Springfield march January 19, 2013

Started by 2 clicks low, January 17, 2013, 12:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2 clicks low

There seems to be some sort of grass roots national march on many state capitals. It seems to have just sprung up as I have never heard of "Guns Across America" before.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Illinois-guns-across-America/186832138127957?fref=ts

2 clicks low

Extract:

all right folks last week to spread the word! we are still good to go for saturday at noon, permit has been filed, and thanks to the help of so many of you news stations have been contacted, emails have been sent, gun ranges, shows, and every applicable place is being told about the rally. The curve inn located at 3219 South 6th street in Springfield will be opening its doors to us at 10am Saturday to get situated and ready to go also providing us with busses to the capitol building, If you would like to show up there between 10-11 that would be great, if not that is fine too, we know many of you are traveling hours to attend and we will be happy to see you at noon in front of Abes Statue!
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Transform

2 clicks low

SO?????????
WHO"S GOING??????????

No you may NOT   :pop:

2cl

2 clicks low

AAR

It was a nice day for a protest. Hadn't been to one since high school (early 70's). Turnout was small. A friend who produces festivals estimated the crowd at about 400. I saw one guy with an AS oval on his vest. Ran into four people I know who were AS students. I teach pistol with one of them.

The Good: This was a short notice truly grass roots event. According to the cameraman from CNN, it was coverd live.

The Bad: Atendence was poor. We COULD have had a handful of ASers and family. It's a 3 1/2 hour drive for me and would have been a lot less for others. We speak of getting involved. Yes this takes more than a 1 minute email. But not much.

The Ugly: none.

2 clicks low

lastround

the event was organized in about 8 days mainly on facebook..there were about 2000 in attendance here in Oklahoma

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oklahoma-Guns-Across-America/454581921276305