News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Class Action Lawsuit to be filed

Started by Another D.O.M., January 16, 2013, 11:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: Dude on January 16, 2013, 04:27:37 PMApologies if I messed up, but, I tried to search through for members by state- besides the guys I know personally. Anyway, here is something you may want to take advantage of if you're in the People's Republic Of NY:

Strength and honor- Dude

Just an FYI.  Sent to me this AM by a retired NYSP Attorney... he endorses the action...

Get on board if you live in NY or... pass the word.
Done 1/15/13, 9:20pm.

THIS IS CRITICAL!!!!!!!! ALL SHOULD CONTACT THIS MAN!!!!!!

ACTION REQUIRED: Federal Challenge to NY GUN BAN.
Lawyer : Jim Tresmond, Attorney in Buffalo, New York. Attorney phone is 716.202.4301
Successfully represented clients in the past on Second Amendment issues in NYS Supreme Court.  This case is pro-bono for all the gun owners of New York.

According to Mr. Tresmond the new ban is illegal as it is an ex-facto law taking away previously owned property and he intends to file this action in Federal Court.
We are looking for as many as possible to add to CLASS ACTION CASE:
SEND Your Name and EMAIL ADDRESS and phone number to: TRESMONDLAW@GMAIL.COM

Terrence J. Pellitteri, CFP®
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM
North Country Financial Group, LLC
Securities Offered Through LPL Financial LLC
Member FINRA/SIPC
2 Northway Lane                   Tel: (518) 782-9901
Latham, New York 12110     Fax: (518) 782-9905

Quote from: CharlieHotel on January 16, 2013, 11:15:27 PMI  contacted Mr. Tresmond and was told he had enough names for the suite. Here is the exact wording from his email.

"Thanks Chris, we have enough people now, but this case will cover you and we are working hard to protect your rights."

Thanks for your support,
James D. Tresmond

CH
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Another D.O.M.

If anyone is aware of another attorney (or two) willing to file similar lawsuit(s) in federal court, please let me know either by reply to this post or by PM.  There are still criminal and civil actions that need to be discussed.
MJA
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

dronning

Just an FYI

From the New York State Rifle & Pistol Association website http://www.nysrpa.org/

NYSRPA, in co-operation with the NRA, are having the Cuomo law reviewed by a highly qualified legal team.  We ask that no other 3rd party legal action be taken without prior consultation.  We realize that this law impacts a large number of people, but a proper legal review will take some time.  Please do not call or e-mail the office or directors.  If/when there is an announcement on this issue, it will be published on our website.  Thank you for your understanding.

gunville

This is actually a very important point... Actually two important points here:

1) PLEASE VET WHAT YOU POST - i.e. before we hear about winning the Nigerian Lottery do some validation - maybe call the lawyer directly, and even check up on him with the Bar Association.

2) The whole concept of "sportsman" restrictions on CC in NY was upheld because someone flew to a court that was unfriendly, used poor arguments, and thus upheld what they were trying to strike down.  It's important we band to provide the best case to the best judge in the best court.  It shouldn't be important, but it is.

Quote from: dronning on January 17, 2013, 08:38:34 AM
Just an FYI

From the New York State Rifle & Pistol Association website http://www.nysrpa.org/

NYSRPA, in co-operation with the NRA, are having the Cuomo law reviewed by a highly qualified legal team.  We ask that no other 3rd party legal action be taken without prior consultation.  We realize that this law impacts a large number of people, but a proper legal review will take some time.  Please do not call or e-mail the office or directors.  If/when there is an announcement on this issue, it will be published on our website.  Thank you for your understanding.
-----------------------------
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

MetalgodZ

It is important. It's also important that the NYSRPA take the time to either respond to or delete (and block) responses to their own release, on their own page, which list lawyers and/or web sites that are purported to be "the place to go" to get signed onto one of these lawsuits.

I know they're busy, but the lack of 15-20 min a day in crowd control now may cost them the battle in the future.

Quote from: gunville on January 17, 2013, 09:44:49 AM
This is actually a very important point... Actually two important points here:

1) PLEASE VET WHAT YOU POST - i.e. before we hear about winning the Nigerian Lottery do some validation - maybe call the lawyer directly, and even check up on him with the Bar Association.

2) The whole concept of "sportsman" restrictions on CC in NY was upheld because someone flew to a court that was unfriendly, used poor arguments, and thus upheld what they were trying to strike down.  It's important we band to provide the best case to the best judge in the best court.  It shouldn't be important, but it is.

Quote from: dronning on January 17, 2013, 08:38:34 AM
Just an FYI

Transform

I understand the points about what's important to achieve a win. However I find it troubling that they would write:
Please do not call or e-mail the office or directors.  If/when there is an announcement on this issue, it will be published on our website.
instead of something like:
"If you need additional information or wish to become involved, please contact our volunteer-staffed hotline at XXX-XXXX, since we need everyone to coordinate our various efforts in order to achieve a win. Please check back here for regular updates, since this fight for our fundamental rights belongs to all of us!"

Providing coordination is one thing, encouraging folks to sit back on the couch and wait patiently for a single group to fix it for everyone else is another thing entirely! (Wasn't ceding our direct involvement in such important matters part of how we got into this mess in the first place?)

Another D.O.M.

+1

Quote from: Transform on January 18, 2013, 06:50:25 AM
I understand the points about what's important to achieve a win. However I find it troubling that they would write:
Please do not call or e-mail the office or directors.  If/when there is an announcement on this issue, it will be published on our website.
instead of something like:
"If you need additional information or wish to become involved, please contact our volunteer-staffed hotline at XXX-XXXX, since we need everyone to coordinate our various efforts in order to achieve a win. Please check back here for regular updates, since this fight for our fundamental rights belongs to all of us!"

Providing coordination is one thing, encouraging folks to sit back on the couch and wait patiently for a single group to fix it for everyone else is another thing entirely! (Wasn't ceding our direct involvement in such important matters part of how we got into this mess in the first place?)