News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New to Appleseed and Leavenworth

Started by Artos, January 16, 2013, 12:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artos

Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself.  Havent been to an event yet, but plan to bring the family out at the earliest opportunity.  Im currently in Kabul, the family is at Leavenworth.  Ill be there for 2-4 years after I get back in April and would love to become an instructor if the organization turns out to be half as good as it seems.
Come if you must, but only if you must. For the day you find yourself upon my step, will surely be the night you find peace along Jordan's edge.

Pitmaster

Thank you for your service and commitment to the United States. It is great to have citizens and soldiers like you.

If you are like most of, if not all of us you will find Appleseed to be twice what your expectations are. Keep us updated on your return, check back to inspire us, and a great big HUZZAH to you!
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

Transform

Welcome Artos!

Although it hasn't been posted yet, here's the link you'll use to find the Kansas schedule:
http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-display.php?qstate=KS&statename=Kansas

And here's the link to prepare yourself and your family to attend your first Appleseed:
http://appleseedinfo.org/as_prepare.html

Artos

Thanks much, and I look forward to shaking hands and sharing the beverage of your choice fairly soon!
Come if you must, but only if you must. For the day you find yourself upon my step, will surely be the night you find peace along Jordan's edge.