News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NYS NEW AQT COURSE OF FIRE

Started by VietVet, January 15, 2013, 09:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VietVet

The way I read this "NEW BAN" is if you already own it you need to "REGISTER" it. Just gives them a list when they want to " CONFISCATE".

10 Round mags are OK....but you can only load 7 in them.

NEW YORK....We need to re-vamp the AQT method.

Standing (Stage 1) No longer 10 in 1 mag. (5 & 5 Still do able. Maybe add a few seconds)
Sitting (Stage 2) 8 & 2 = No Good (7 & 3 =  Good to go. No additional time needed)
Prone (Stage 3) 8 & 2 = No Good  (7 & 3 = Good to go.  No additional time needed)
Prone (Stage 4) No longer 10 in 1 mag. Many different combinations. (No additional time needed IMO)

Just throwing this out there. I'm sure others will have ideas to share but we will adapt.

For those who wish to read the new bill (and can understand it)............

http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?default_fld=&bn=A02388&term=2013&Summary=Y&Text=Y#
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Edheler

I just want to point out that the law exempted tube fed .22 rifles from the ammunition capacity ban.

number6

This bill has been referred to the Codes Committee of the State Assembly,  there should be still time to contact your representatives.

And those on the Committee.

http://assembly.state.ny.us/

http://assembly.state.ny.us/comm/?sec=mem&id=7

number6
You still have a choice. You can still salvage your right to be individuals. Your rights to truth and free thought! Reject this false world of Number Two . . . reject it NOW!!
Number 6, The Prisoner, Episode 11 "A Change of Mind"

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..." � Richard Henry Lee, "Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic"

"Rifles don't read" YellowHouseJake

"Lots of work?  Yup.  You wanna grow?  Suck it up, cupcake." - SteelThunder

Another D.O.M.

So, what?  It is already decided, then, to accommodate the whims of law breakers and treasonous villains?  Are we just going to allow them to violate our Constitution and their oaths of office?  Unbelievable.
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

The Mrs.

RFAQT would now require 6 mags.  Additional time would need to be allotted for 2 additional mag changes. 

Issues could arise about how many of these we might do at a shoot as additional mags cost money some shooters might not want to part with.  SB discretion.
Think with love and truth
See with love and truth
Speak with love and truth
Hear with love and truth
And come from the heart, with love, and truth, and honor.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead  US anthropologist

sgtrock

Any COF is the last thing on my mind, or any shoots at all in this state, loosing faith very quickly here,,,

gunville

Ditto Sarge... I'm ashamed.

I have no faith in the courts to correct it either.

Tyrants suck.
-----------------------------
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

R1SGx2

Where's the NRA and NYSR&PA I pay dues to, they in the Capital slapping backs saying good job, nothing from them.

"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Dude

if we have LEO on the line, they should be able to use the good old stuff, right?
Strength and honor

Semper SOM/SOM

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. --Thomas Jefferson

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. --Thomas Jefferson

R1SGx2

"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

MetalgodZ

Quote from: Dude on January 15, 2013, 04:06:20 PM
if we have LEO on the line, they should be able to use the good old stuff, right?
IMO, if we have LEO on the line, they should have to use the same stuff as everyone else.  &)

Transform

Well worth repeating:
If we have NYS LEOs on the line, they should have to use the same stuff as everyone else!

Transform

Quote from: sgtrock on January 15, 2013, 01:36:26 PM
Any COF is the last thing on my mind, or any shoots at all in this state, loosing faith very quickly here,,,

Maintaining our presence in NY isn't about the tyrants, who are mostly concentrated in NYC, the surrounding areas, and up in Albany. Instead, it's about serving the many fine, un-represented Americans living in the rest of the state!

sgtrock

I cut no slack for anyone regardless of credentials or position in this life,,,,

fepowered

There is an exception to load 10 rounds in a 10 round mag at a range...   
Article 265 - NY Penal Law
FIREARMS AND OTHER DANGEROUS WEAPONS

265.20 Exceptions
7-F. POSSESSION AND USE OF A MAGAZINE, BELT,  FEED  STRIP  OR  SIMILAR
DEVICE,  THAT  CONTAINS  MORE  THAN SEVEN ROUNDS OF AMMUNITION, BUT THAT
DOES NOT HAVE A CAPACITY OF OR CAN READILY BE RESTORED OR  CONVERTED  TO
ACCEPT  MORE  THAN  TEN  ROUNDS  OF  AMMUNITION, AT AN INDOOR OR OUTDOOR
FIRING RANGE LOCATED IN OR ON PREMISES  OWNED  OR  OCCUPIED  BY  A  DULY
INCORPORATED  ORGANIZATION  ORGANIZED  FOR  CONSERVATION  PURPOSES OR TO
FOSTER PROFICIENCY IN ARMS; AT AN INDOOR OR OUTDOOR FIRING RANGE FOR THE
PURPOSE OF FIRING A RIFLE OR SHOTGUN; AT A COLLEGIATE, OLYMPIC OR TARGET
SHOOTING COMPETITION UNDER THE AUSPICES OF OR APPROVED BY  THE  NATIONAL
RIFLE  ASSOCIATION;  OR AT AN ORGANIZED MATCH SANCTIONED BY THE INTERNA
TIONAL HANDGUN METALLIC SILHOUETTE ASSOCIATION.
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

Transform

Quote from: sgtrock on January 15, 2013, 09:40:39 PM
I cut no slack for anyone regardless of credentials or position in this life,,,,

Then we agree!

sgtrock

Quote from: Transform on January 15, 2013, 11:42:13 PM
Quote from: sgtrock on January 15, 2013, 09:40:39 PM

QuoteThen we agree!

Yes Sir

techres

Quote from: Dude on January 15, 2013, 04:06:20 PM

Tread lightly.  Not their fault it happened.  And just cause others are taking stuff does not mean any of us needs to as well.
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Hinermad

Quote from: fepowered on January 15, 2013, 11:39:22 PM

Good catch! Somebody on my NY state forum was worried about shooting pistol competitions. Thanks!

Dave
The problem with doing the right thing is that sometimes you do it on your own.

Smurf

So a 10 round mag IS legal if it is:
1) empty?
or
2) contains 7 or less rounds?
or
3) Is at an instructional range?

Perhaps for clarification, the elected officials and agency heads, for every level of state, county and local governments, need to be contacted. It might be interesting to get their response to this new regulation, The Bill of Rights and the 2nd Amendment. YES or NO/declined to comment. Maybe even an interactive map with their names, titles and responses. It might even be helpful for their employees that work for them to have this type of information available to them on the internet. Also it would show the voters how everyone is working so very hard in their behalf. Just for increased communication of course.

MetalgodZ

4. And if it is not a new magazine.

Existing shooters will be fine for Appleseed. Anyone who's just buying in is screwed.

nyrasgt

1.  Irony:  NY legislators on camera yesterday stating the Founding Fathers would be proud of their actions...ignorant of the fact that   
                American Revolution (as we know and tell) STARTED when the British attempted to confiscate (wait for it) colonists'
                arms and ammunition at Lexington and Concord...
2.  Irony:  have two, 80+y.o. WWII Seabee/Marine veteran uncles living in Catskills of NYS - as of yesterday they are, since they both
                own M1 Garands, potential felons, because Garands use 8 round clips, one bullet more than the new NY limit.
                Sorry, CMP, you're done in New York, at least in terms of selling Garands, per General Patton, "the greatest battle
                implement ever devised."
3.  Good news:  2013 Instructor Purchase Program sheets from Ruger and Henry are available to be forwarded to instructors' emails...
                Send me a pm with an email address.
     Bad news:   Doesn't appear that we in NY will be able to buy very many of their offerings...
Not sure whether to go with sad, disappointed, or just obscene.

Paraphrasing John Ross in "Unintended Consequences," pgs 7-9, stripping a motivated people of their dignity is a very bad idea...
He was talking about the catalyst that began WWI.
madMark/nyrasgt
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

gunville

10, 20, 30 - I have not intention of enforcing ANY limit at a NY Seed.  That's not my job.

Let them send SWAT.  I don't know a single LEO that will enforce this.
-----------------------------
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

VietVet

Quote from: fepowered on January 15, 2013, 11:39:22 PM
Article 265 - NY Penal Law
FIREARMS AND OTHER DANGEROUS WEAPONS

265.20 Exceptions
7-F. POSSESSION AND USE OF A MAGAZINE, BELT,  FEED  STRIP  OR  SIMILAR
DEVICE,  THAT  CONTAINS  MORE  THAN SEVEN ROUNDS OF AMMUNITION, BUT THAT
DOES NOT HAVE A CAPACITY OF OR CAN READILY BE RESTORED OR  CONVERTED  TO
ACCEPT  MORE  THAN  TEN  ROUNDS  OF  AMMUNITION, AT AN INDOOR OR OUTDOOR
FIRING RANGE LOCATED IN OR ON PREMISES  OWNED  OR  OCCUPIED  BY  A  DULY
INCORPORATED  ORGANIZATION  ORGANIZED  FOR  CONSERVATION  PURPOSES OR TO
FOSTER PROFICIENCY IN ARMS; AT AN INDOOR OR OUTDOOR FIRING RANGE FOR THE
PURPOSE OF FIRING A RIFLE OR SHOTGUN; AT A COLLEGIATE, OLYMPIC OR TARGET
SHOOTING COMPETITION UNDER THE AUSPICES OF OR APPROVED BY  THE  NATIONAL
RIFLE  ASSOCIATION;  OR AT AN ORGANIZED MATCH SANCTIONED BY THE INTERNA
TIONAL HANDGUN METALLIC SILHOUETTE ASSOCIATION.

Works for me!
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: techres on January 15, 2013, 11:54:20 PMTread lightly.  Not their fault it happened.
The HELL it's not!  Our state legislators and the governor have committed half a dozen federal crimes.  I said CRIMES, as defined within the federal statutes.  And not a single member of 'law enforcement' has done a thing about it.
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Fred

Quote from: nyrasgt on January 16, 2013, 09:28:36 AM
"...stripping a motivated people of their dignity is a very bad idea...

Unfortunately, there's not enough motivated (read: constitutionally educated and alert) people - which is why, after we take a few deep breathes, we should all get back to making more of 'em - and we do that, by Appleseeding even more of them, until one day there will be enough to "make a difference".

The simple fact is that this stuff is happening because there are not enough Americans who care about their history and heritage.

A concerned New Yorker recently PM'd me about the above. Perhaps my answer to him is relevant, here:

QuoteMy idea is to AS the heck out of NYS.

We could use 10,000 more dedicated ASers in NYS - they could make the difference which we all agree has to be made.

The only way we get them is by

1) scheduling as many AS as possible, not only this year, but next.

2) putting effort into promo to try and fill all the vacant spots on the firing line. Right now it looks as tho simply "getting the word out" to the panicked multitudes might be enough.

3) doing the best job we can at making the history so compelling that we up our rate of recruits from 2.75% to 3 or 4%.

4) ensure that new IITs make the transition to RH, especially thru that first AS or two.

5) build a "band of brothers" team which understands the Mission comes first, and all the egoism BS comes last.

6) turn those hundred new volunteers into cranking out 200 more new vols.

7) and this may be the hidden lever of success we've been looking for: crank up libraryseeds to the max. Ask our instructors to do two a month - that's only four hours a month - and we reach a whole new crowd. We'll have to refine our recruiting pitch, maybe develop handouts to give them directions on how to save the tradition (contact reps, spread LS AS by word of mouth, etc). I would think it's important if we're serious about building numbers to offer LS on a regular basis at each local library, at least once a month. First, tho, we have to convince our current ITs how crucial LS are to attaining our mission - I'm of the opinion an LS is worth two AS - at one-tenth the effort and time!

Soon, NY will be afire with motivated, dedicated, energetic fire-breathing "let's save this great heritage" take-no-prisoners ASers who won't take "no" for an answer.

Sounds impossible? It's not.

Look over NYS. Are we putting as many AS on the 2013 sched as possible?

Look over our IC in NYS. Are they doing all they can do? (The average IT does an AS every other month - in other words, for the average instructor, it's not "the other 28 days of AS", it's "the other 58 days of AS" - we ain't gonna save the nation, treating AS as a hobby, IMO.)

Maybe the current panic is a crisis we shouldn't waste. ;) O0 It may be useful as a wakeup call to our vols. "Doing the minimum" will not cut it. Excuses why you can't AS will not cut it. An attitude of "I must AS, if I'm to save the nation", must be developed.
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Dude

I'm with Fred on this one [and that's not sucking up, either!]

A/S to the max.
Strength and honor

Semper SOM/SOM

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. --Thomas Jefferson

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. --Thomas Jefferson

Transform

Quote from: Another D.O.M. on January 16, 2013, 12:18:31 PM
The HELL it's not!  Our state legislators and the governor have committed half a dozen federal crimes.  I said CRIMES, as defined within the federal statutes.  And not a single member of 'law enforcement' has done a thing about it.

Agreed, but don't give up on the LEOs quite yet, sometimes they're just slow to mop up the crime scene.
Here's how to help them along:
1. Identify those half dozen crimes, in writing, and look up the statutes.   (And 7th Step upcoming 'Seeds!)
2. Put together a file of the relevant statutes and the public record evidence.   (And set up a LibrarySeed!))
3. Find a pro-2A NY lawyer and find out which ones are realistically actionable.   (And invite them to a shoot!)
4. Identify which NY LEOs are Oath Keepers.   (And get all of them on the line!)
5. Present the evidence and tell them you're willing to press charges.   (And do another LibrarySeed!)
6. Follow through.   (And keep bailing!)