News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

30-round AR mags in stock

Started by SteelThunder, January 07, 2013, 08:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteelThunder

NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

ITB

I'll be a guinea pig.  Just ordered some.
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

techres

Iffin ITB does it, so will I.  Ordered a pair.  Interesting that they are Israeli made.
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Edheler

I ordered two as well for pretty much the same reason as techres.

Whippet

Did you guys watch the video? What do you think of that mag holding vertical grip?
1. Point the sights where they need to be pointed
2. Keep 'em there while you squeeze the trigger.
3. Repeat

Choose wisely and do your best at whatever you find yourself doing. (Whippet, 1997)

slim

The general rule is anything weapons-related from Israel is top notch stuff.

Quote from: Whippet on January 08, 2013, 12:05:59 AM
Did you guys watch the video? What do you think of that mag holding vertical grip?
I've been a fan of Mako for years. I have the magwell grip on my "fun" rifle.

ITB

Took a while, but I just got an email that my order shipped today.  I almost forgot about this....
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

Mutti

Quote from: intheburbs on February 22, 2013, 06:13:41 PM
Took a while, but I just got an email that my order shipped today.  I almost forgot about this....

I didn't get an email, but I ordered 1/9/13 - 2 days after intheburbs - maybe I'll get a shipping order soon... ;D
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

Ratchett

I have ordered a couple. The site does say 6 weeks minimum on shipping so they are fairly close to 6-8 weeks. Estimated ship date was 2-3 months. Maybe they are ahead of their game  ;)
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Edheler

I received my shipping notice this morning.

techres

Me too.

Looking forward to trying them out.

Rizzin

ammoclips.com also have some pmags for sale. http://www.ammoclip.com/A/ar15_30rd.htm at about "Normal" level prices, will see how long it take to get shipped and what comes in the box.

For the time being I am searching from retailers off the http://www.thepoliceloophole.com/ list. You are welcome to join me and send extra business their way if you feel like it.

SteelThunder

Quote from: Rizzin on February 23, 2013, 11:21:27 PM
ammoclips.com also have some pmags for sale. http://www.ammoclip.com/A/ar15_30rd.htm at about "Normal" level prices, will see how long it take to get shipped and what comes in the box.

For the time being I am searching from retailers off the http://www.thepoliceloophole.com/ list. You are welcome to join me and send extra business their way if you feel like it.

I can't in good conscience order any magazines from someplace called ammoclips.com. Garland enblocs maybe...   ;D
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Edheler

Received my Mako magazines today. My first impression is that they are very well made and will withstand serious punishment. I would guess that you could run them over with a SUV and they would be fine. I wouldn't want to carry them if I were in the military though -- they are heavy!

JOEMORGAN

Received my order today(ordered on Jan 7th).  Well made and I'm pleased with the product. Very happy that Mako has held their price. Will definitely order from them again in the future. O0
"Man did not enter society to be worse off, or to have fewer rights, but rather to have those rights better secured" --Thomas Paine

"Humanity has won it's battle, Liberty has a country" --Marquis de Lafayette

"These are not men, but devils" --Colonel Francisco de Paula-Milan, Mexican Army, Camerone 30 April 1863

techres

Mutti

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

mac66

Primary Arms has Troy mags in stock, about $20 ea. Not a great price but they have a couple thousand in stock.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Troy_Industries_BattleMag_30rd_Magazine_Bla_p/smag-sin-00bt-00.htm

Sportsman's Guide has some plastic 20 rnd mags in stock pretty cheap. I bought a couple pairs of these last year and have put a couple hundred rounds through each with no malfunctions. 6 mags for about $30 which includes the couplers. I found the shorter length and couplers very suitable for Appleseed applications, I used them at our KD shoot last summer. These are new US made mags not the old Canadian made "Thermelts".

Try coupon code SN413 ($10 off)

I just ordered a dozen more. With the member price, shipping and discount code it came to $54 and change, less than $5/mag. 

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=1140625
Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

D.O.M.

I picked up 10 more from
http://bravocompanyusa.com/
They worked out to about $17 ea for a 10 pack. Metal with magpul followers.
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

mac66

Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

SteelThunder

Definitely feels like the pipeline for arms and magazines is starting to refill. Now if only the ammo funnel would refill also.
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis