News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Potential NRA Instructor/RSO course-NE NYS Spring 2013

Started by nyrasgt, January 03, 2013, 01:48:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nyrasgt

Jadies and Lentlemen,

A heads-up: potential exists for the offering of an NRA Cert. Instructor and RSO course in NE NYS, specifically @ Hudson Falls Fish and Game Club, possibly on a weekend in March.  Details/cost TBD, but typically around $100-125-ish; more attendees would tend to lessen cost - or not (I am not the NRA TC giving course, but would be assisting).  Advise if interested...would qualify attendees to participate in manufacturers' Instructor Purchase Programs (as does attaining RHI status) from Ruger, Smith, Henry, Walther, Thompson Center, and, most recently, Keystone (the Crickett makers).  Serious (appx 15-30%) discounts from msrp.

Also considering a CPR/AED course @ same venue; would be 3-6 hours and get you a CPR card.  Again, rsvp interest.

Excelsior,
madMark/nyrasgt
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

Dude

By all means, add me to the list! Is there a minimum age, like 18? I'm sure I have a 17 year old who would love to do it, too.
Strength and honor

Semper SOM/SOM

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. --Thomas Jefferson

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. --Thomas Jefferson

nyrasgt

Riflemen and Women and those on the path,

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor/RSO combined class, NE NY:
When:  Sat/Sun 3/16-17/13
Where:  Hudson Falls F&GC, Rt. 197, HF, NY
Cost:  TBD - likely around $125-ish - bit more than Appleseed wkend. POSSIBILITY of discounts for more than one attendee...

Note:  I am NOT the NRA Training Counselor running the class, though I will be instructing.  RSVP me with intentions/reservations.
         NRA TC scheduling Cert. Rifle Instructor class, probably in JUNE, in same area though not necessarily @ HF F&G.
Excelsior,
madMark
nyrasgt
PS  Like RHIs, NRA Cert Instrs eligible for Instructor Purchase Program participation and discounts.  Am waiting for 2013 information from Ruger-Smith-Henry-Keystone (Crickett youth rifles)-Walther-Thompson Center.
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists

LittleMo

If I remember correctly from past classes, doesn't the class actually start Friday evening, then continue on Saturday and Sunday? A person doesn't want to show up on Saturday and find out should have been there on Friday evening!

What is the start time for each of the days?

Thanks!

Gary
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

nyrasgt

Times update for March 2013 NRA Certified Pistol Instructor and RSO class:
Friday 3/15   appx. 5:30 -10pm
Sat    3/16      "      8:30 -4:30pm
Sun 3/17        "      8:30 -4:30p

Cost TBA, but will likely be a bit more than - well - before....guesstimate $140 Pistol Instr + $35 RSO cert...ballpark.

FYI the NRA Training Counselor is also scheduling a Cert Rifle Instr course in June - NOT @ HF F&G, but in area.
Excelsior,
madMark/nyrasgt
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists

The Mrs.

Thanks for the times MAD, question....if one is looking solely for the RSO cert, are the hours the same?

I am sure I am not qualified to take the Pistol Instructor portion as I do not currently have a pistol permit (I will be starting the process to rectify this situation starting tonight when I take the required class to start the process).

Thanks,
SAM
Think with love and truth
See with love and truth
Speak with love and truth
Hear with love and truth
And come from the heart, with love, and truth, and honor.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead  US anthropologist

gunville

can you local guys recommend inexpensive accomodations?
-----------------------------
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

nyrasgt

Will get working on that - there are numerous motels off Northway exit 17N...could also talk to club pres about staying over - will advise.
Excelsior,
mad
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists

Dude

Mark-

any pre-reg for this? or, am I just on the list? If not, who do I call, or e-mail?

Got 2 of those CMP Daisys, BTW, real nice. So are those Kimber 82s. Didn't get one of those yet.

BD
Strength and honor

Semper SOM/SOM

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. --Thomas Jefferson

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. --Thomas Jefferson