News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Illinois Lame Duck Gun Grab

Started by 2 clicks low, December 31, 2012, 03:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rescue Medic

I have been sending emails to every Illinois politician as well as calling.  Phone lines are jammed in most cases.  PLEASE, everyone email and call.  They are trying to pust a new bill tomorrow, Sunday at 5pm.

The bill prohibits any semiautomatic rifle with a detachable magazine.  Gee, doesn't a Ruger 10/22 fit that description?

Mutti

erjeknga'gkna
d;ogkq[re9g  rtqweojt[a'eroyt nq\3-4p5
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

Prairie Eagle

3 simple steps you can take today to stop the Illinois gun ban:

1. Obviously, call your state legislators again in their springfield offices, especially your state rep as this starts in the house today. Leave a voicemail or message indicating your position and thanking them for their support representing you.

2. Us this simple web form, it will auto-generate a number of emails to your state reps. To be sure I also emailed the text of it separately to my reps. It's pretty much one click:
    http://www.capwiz.com/nra/issues/alert/?alertid=62316696

3. File a witness slip against SB2899 amendment 1 (which will rewrite the bill as a complete gun ban):
    http://my.ilga.gov/WitnessSlip/Create/63457?committeeHearingId=10395&LegislationId=63457&HCommittees-page=1

This will be read/recorded live in the committee meeting where this will start today. This last form can be a little confusing. Enter "NA" for "Firm/Business", "Title", and "persons or groups represented". Make sure to select Oppose! and select "Record Of Appearance Only" as the testimony type.

Good luck in preserving our rights fellow Americans, and thanks for you help!

Prairie Eagle

They just announced in the committee hearing they will not be proceeding with gun bans in the 97the general assembly!!! It received a standing ovation.

Good job guys, it is a good day for liberty in Illinois.

TheEditor

Dodged a bullet there, for now. 

The anti liberty people aren't going away. 

Plan NOW.  IGOLD - Illinois Gun Owners Lobby Day - March 6, 2013.  Be at the Prairie Capital Convention Center in Springfield (5 blocks from the Capitol) at noon on March 6.  We will march from there to the State Capitol before entering and lobbying our home district reps and senators. 

Paul Revere and William Dawes got 14,000 people moving within 12 hours.  We've got two months from today.  Last year 9,000 Illinois gun owners showed up on IGOLD day. 

Get a car pool together, split the gas and do it.  Take a vacation day from work if you have to.  If you have school age kids, get them out of school for a day for a field trip to study civics - ask their teachers if they can write a report on the day.  Seriously.  They will learn more in one day at IGOLD than they will in a month at school. 

There are also bus trips going there from all over the state; average cost about $25 a head.  Check isra.org for a list of pickup locations. 

Appleseed preaches civic involvement.  HERE IS YOUR CHANCE. 

If you aren't convinced yet, pm me or call me and I'll answer any questions you have.  217 840 0246. 

TheEditor
John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

2 clicks low

THIS IS NOT OVER!

Do not trust them. Having lived all my life in Chicago I know that there is no bottom to their deceit and treachery.

YOU MUST CONTINUE TO CALL AND EMAIL UNTIL THE SESSION IS OVER. They will still try something.

2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Prairie Eagle

I tend to think we are OK for now. Our NRA rep Todd Vandermyde has asked us to stand down and I'm doing so. I have sent some messages off to my reps thanking them for their support (even if they did nothing), but I won't be doing any more calls to stop the gun/magazine/shooting range bans. I think we are OK to have a beer and recharge for the next round.

2 clicks low

ONCE AGAIN DO NOT TRUST THEM.

From ISRA:

URGENT ALERT - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

ILLINOIS HOUSE ADJOURNS WITH NO MOVEMENT ON GUN BILLS - BUT DO NOT BE MISLED

As reported earlier, the House version of the Cullerton Gun Grab Bill was supposed to be debated before the House Judiciary Committee I at 2:00 PM today. The Chairman of the committee convened the committee, announced that there would be no gun bills debated for the rest of the session, then adjourned.

From all appearances, this was the end of the push for gun control in the legislature this session. But, don't be confused - the session ends Wednesday. There is nothing saying that the legislature couldn't call the bills anyway. So, be on guard and watch for alerts from the ISRA.

"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne