News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Kentucky Riflemen: Let's get KRS 527.070 amended

Started by Unbridled Liberty, December 26, 2012, 07:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbridled Liberty

In the wake of the Sandy Hook tragedy, I wrote to our school principal to discuss my concern with their lack of security and the possibility of allowing teachers who are willing and qualified, to carry concealed handguns in the school.

She wrote back to me and stated "...Kentucky state law makes it illegal for us to allow any of the teachers or staff to have firearms at school." and cited KRS 527.070,  Unlawful possession of a weapon on school property.  http://tinyurl.com/bwwpsr8

If you would like to have this statute amended to include an exemption for licensed CCDW holders, please write to your representatives and let them know.  I just wrote to mine.

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Unbridled Liberty

Here's the deal:
"Any member of the General Assembly can request that a bill be drafted to amend, create, or repeal any of the Kentucky Revised Statutes. Contact your State Representative or State Senator with the ideas you have and ask him or her to request a bill draft to accomplish them. Actually, you can ask any Representative or Senator to request a bill draft, not just those for your district."

UL
As its a Gift of God

Into the peacefull Grave
Than a Surviving Slave

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Unbridled Liberty

I just used the email lists compiled by Tomblin in another thread to write to every member of the Kentucky General Assembly (except new members not yet on the lists) to request a bill draft to amend KRS 527.070 to allow CCDW by teachers in schools.  Next is a request to the members of the General Assembly to draft a bill to nullify any new federal firearms legislation.

UL
As its a Gift of God

Into the peacefull Grave
Than a Surviving Slave

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

brdholman

Done. 4 emails about 2 issues completed in less than 5 min. Come on folks, it doesn't get much easier than this.

Unbridled Liberty

Update on this issue.  I have been informed by a member of the General Assembly that the way this statute is written, CCDW by selected individuals is allowed at ANY Kentucky school, public and private, at the discretion of the school board.

UL
As its a Gift of God

Into the peacefull Grave
Than a Surviving Slave