News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Private shoots coming up and instructors needed

Started by 9mm4545, December 18, 2012, 09:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9mm4545

We have two private Appleseed shoots scheduled, one in February on the 23-24th in St. Augustine and the other in March on the 9th at Fort White (Lake City area). The March event is a one-day event with the history being given on March 4 as a Library-seed in Lake City. Both of these events are for the US Navy Sea Scout Cadets. These are young men and women ages 12-17 who are enrolled in a military style organization. I am looking for about 30-33 cadets at the Fort White shoot and probably around 25 at the St. Augustine shoot. Since these are private shoots, I am not entirely sure how the new scheduling system will handle instructor sign-ups but if you are interested, let me know.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

theri

I can probably be available for the February 23-24 shoot.  I don't believe that I will be able to do the March 9 event but will know for sure as we get closer to the event.

Terry
Whiskey Tango 9

Engineer shooting

As always just call and I will come to any or all events with my deputies....
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Prof. C.J.

I can probably make the St. Aug one.  The other one, probably not.
"I believe that it is better to tell the truth than to lie. I believe
that it is better to be free than to be a slave. And I believe that
it is better to know than to be ignorant." – H.L. Mencken

ToneDef

I can work the february shoot in st augustine. Unfortunately I will be out of town visiting friends on March 9...
"Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing." - Thomas Paine, Rights of Man, 1791

"There's the country of America, which you have to defend, but there's also the IDEA of America. America is more than just a country, it's an idea. An idea that's supposed to be contagious." - Bono

Palatka ten twelve "Smoakin' IBC"

smoakingun

you know me, in for a penny, in for a pound. I'll be there
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

alkeford

Esse Quam Videri (To be rather than seem to be)
Powder With My Brother Ball Most Hero Like Doth Conquer All,
Tomet Nosce
The Suda, a tenth century encyclopedia of Greek Knowledge, says: "the proverb is applied to those whose boasts exceed what they are,"and that "know thyself" is a warning to pay no attention to the opinion of the multitude.

theri

Is the event at Fort White a one day event on March 9 or or is it a two event on  March and 9?  The Instructor schedule shows it as a two day event (March 9 - 10).

Terry
Whiskey Tango 9

9mm4545

Fort White is a one day event on Saturday only.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

theri

Whiskey Tango 9

TomM1Thumb

Ready, Willing, and Able to assist, at the St. Augustine Event this week end!
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine