News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manheim, PA - Dec 15-16, 2012 - AAR

Started by mal, December 17, 2012, 08:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mal

Oooboy.  It's getting colder with lots o' frost on the ground, but that didn't stop over a dozen from turning out at Elstonville Sportsman's Association on Saturday for the December Appleseed event.  They even came back on Sunday when we were supposed to get rain all morning in addition to the just-over-freezing temps.  Almost half the attendees came from out of state, notably New York & Maryland. 

We had 13 on the line Saturday & 12 Sunday who braved the floggings of the instructors until the marksmanship did indeed improve.  It was also a pleasant mix of new 'seeders and familiar faces. 

While the majority of rifles on the line were the ever-present & beloved Ruger 10/22, we also had a mini 14, Sig 551 and a couple AK & AMD-65 variants.  Sweet!

We were able to turn out 3 new Riflemen this weekend.  First was Greg before lunch Sunday scoring a 214 & later a 225.  Congrats!  Shortly after came the brothers Eli & Isaac scoring a 221 & 238 respectively at their very first event. Very well done guys! 

We ended Sunday with 3 shooters cleaning the Redcoat & earning the exclusive PA 1st Rifles patch; David, Eli & Greg.  Nicely done!  Actually David cleaned the Redcoat Sunday morning as well.

Not one to be long-winded I just want to thank everyone for coming out.  This was yet again a fun & rewarding event.  You guys & gals make it worth while doing.  I hope to see you again.  January is just around the corner... Winterseed anyone?
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

Group photo for Saturday & Sunday
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

Our new Riflemen for this weekend:

Greg- scoring a 214 & then a 225

Brothers Eli & Isaac scoring 221 & 238 respectively at the same time.

Congrats!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

Our shooters who cleaned the Redcoat target this weekend, earning the PA 1st Rifles patch:

Dave, Eli & Greg.

Congrats guys!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

Misc photos of the event:
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

firstater

What a Great weekend!  Instructors did a great job.  We will be back hopefully for a winter-seed patch!

JohnnyTremain

Great Job Mal, Gary and Greg. We really appreciated the family friendly, fun, safe and educational environment. Not to mention all the great instruction! While I'm proud of my two new riflemen, as Ahnold said..."I'll be baaack" to get my own or I"ll never live it down.

:)

navionpa

One more safe and fun shoot, Gary, Mal, and Greg did a great job, once again.

david