News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NEW Appleseed Documentary

Started by ndrifleman, December 17, 2012, 08:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ndrifleman

Bartlett Productions is in the finishing stages of a new ~9 minute documentary that takes viewers behind the scenes of an Appleseed event, beginning with instructor preparation, and ending with the excitement of being on the firing line. 

What do you think?  We're excited about getting this film out to the public in the hopes that it will encourage more people to come to an Appleseed event.

Here's the link: http://www.trestlevalley.bartlettproductions.com.  The username is "review" and the password is "g{GJ=AXHe#Ln"

Jonathan Bartlett 
"Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two edged sword in their hand. " Psalm 149:6

"The glorious inheritance which our fathers left us we must never betray.We must seize the torch from their hands, and transmit it with increasing brightness to distant generations." James Thornwell

2 clicks low

I copied and pasted password but it seems I'm still unauthorized.
2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

George Hacker

2cl,

Make sure you don't include the quotes.  Just everything in between.

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Spartan24

"Just name a hero and I'll prove he's a bum." - Gregory "Pappy" Boyington

2 clicks low

Worked in FireFox. Won't work in my version of Explorer.
2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

brianheeter

(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

BeSwift

Outstanding work sir! Professional job! BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Two Wolves

Very nice work. O0  Thank you, Two Wolves  :cool2:
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

ID_Hezekiah

Awesome work, Johnathon! I can't wait to see the final product. O0
The British learned to dread the frequent appearances of this dire rider at unexpected points along the route of their passage, for his aim was true, and the economical principles in which he was trained forbade his wasting powder and ball.

Whippet

1. Point the sights where they need to be pointed
2. Keep 'em there while you squeeze the trigger.
3. Repeat

Choose wisely and do your best at whatever you find yourself doing. (Whippet, 1997)

techres

Quote from: ndrifleman on December 17, 2012, 08:13:11 PM

What do you think?  We're excited about getting this film out to the public in the hopes that it will encourage more people to come to an Appleseed event.

Jonathan was kind enough to send me an early link to this and I was rude enough to get busy and not reply back with due haste. 

So, I will reply here:

1. You have better technical skill than anyone in the program I have seen so far.  Wow.
2. Your focus on a set story line is clear and does well to support the structure of the piece.
3. It is definitely both engaging and informative.

Frankly, it is really good to say the least.

The only issue I can see is the religious references which could be a drawback in a few markets, but since they are fine in other markets it should balance out fine or just engage where it works well, etc. 

Seriously, that was a ton of work and I am extremely impressed.  Those of you who have not seen it yet, take the time.

Techres
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Nero

I'm of a different faith, but I didn't find the religious reference offensive.  This is clearly framed as the story of one instructor and what inspires him, and if that's part of it - so be it!  We all need to be out there together, just like on a certain day in 1775.   O0
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

techres

Quote from: Nero on December 17, 2012, 11:56:08 PM
I'm of a different faith, but I didn't find the religious reference offensive.  This is clearly framed as the story of one instructor and what inspires him, and if that's part of it - so be it!  We all need to be out there together, just like on a certain day in 1775.   O0

Oh, no, I did not mean offensive at all.  Not at all.  Some of the city people find guns and God together to be scary.  It is a thing.

But, again, it just means little - just an observation from a marketing perspective.

Don't read more into it than that.
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

ITB

"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

funfaler

Very nicely done!   O0

While the religious references are outside of the Appleseed context (sadly), they are solidly inline with the Founders context of their Revolutionary War struggles, as well as their vision for a post-British ruled America.

There is no solid way to reach the "hearts and minds" of the American people without a Bible centric view.   But, this is a discussion/debate for other threads.   

My experience has shown that few who do not hold a Biblical perspective will be truly effective in righting the course of the country, back to a course our Founders set us upon.   But again, likely not only a different thread, but likely a different forum all together.

This might prove to be a very good recruiting tool for Instructors, even if it does not lend itself ideally as a general promotional tool.

Again, the quality and content is on the upper level of anything previously attempted.  Well done! ;)

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

Bryant

Very well done.  Very entertaining to watch.
Also on INGO as MtnBiker6510
-----------------

Burrito Hand Sam

I can personally testify to the historical accuracy of this film as I was there and shot rifleman! I would also like to inquire about an orange hat at this point in time as I have relived myself of a prior commitment that had precedence.

Rocket Man

Quote from: Burrito Hand Sam on December 18, 2012, 02:46:08 AM
I can personally testify to the historical accuracy of this film as I was there and shot rifleman! I would also like to enquire about an orange hat at this point in time as I have relived myself of a prior commitment that had precedence.

Go for it, Sam!  We'll be glad to have you on board.  "Hi" from California!
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

Pitmaster

Outstanding, you did a great job. 
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

JOEMORGAN

Nice video.......thanks for all the hard work involved.
"Man did not enter society to be worse off, or to have fewer rights, but rather to have those rights better secured" --Thomas Paine

"Humanity has won it's battle, Liberty has a country" --Marquis de Lafayette

"These are not men, but devils" --Colonel Francisco de Paula-Milan, Mexican Army, Camerone 30 April 1863

Reddot

colycat

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine