News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Looking to get into this whole Appleseed thing

Started by Jops, December 17, 2012, 02:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jops

So what's Virginia's status?  I'm in the Richmond area and willing to travel anywhere in the state.  I'm pretty familiar with shooting but also willing to admit that I would like to become quite a bit better.

Basically, having read all the FAQs and beginner info, is there anything Virginia specific that I need to know?  What sites are closest?  And do things look good for a 2013 schedule (i know it isn't out yet, but I'm just curious if things are looking promising).

Thanks to everyone in advance!

Rem870Fan

Jops:

I attended an Appleseed at Black Creek (http://blackcreeksteel.wordpress.com/) a few years back and had a great time!  In the Richmond area, they typically host the most events.  I've also seen events out at Cavalier.  I wish they could handle one out at CSA, but until they get a bigger back yard, we will have to settle for heading out in the country.

Hope to see you at the next Appleseed!

The Wolfhound

We should get things cranking fairly soon.  By the end of January our schedule starts to firm up.