News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

PIRU, California! 15-6 December 2012

Started by gratefuldog, December 15, 2012, 11:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gratefuldog

Wow! We had Thirty (!!) attentive, eager shooters on the line today. Much improvement was seen.. Details to follow!

MR B (549)

Wow indeed ......What another wonderful appleseed albeit challenging with so many shooters ... I have to hand it to everyone who participated in todays shoot ..Great listeners for such a huge group and improvements were made by the end of the first days shoot . I had a fantastic time with the instructors and felt honored to instruct such an eager bunch . It was also nice to see Geo back on the line who brought a bunch of people with him ...Thanks for that time honored tradition of the 7th step ....

Keep up the good work

In a time of universal deceit,
telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
George Orwell

Dano

WOW, What a great weekend. This shoot was Appleseed at its best. We had 30 shooters on Saturday with 15 people who had never shot before! By the end of Saturday everyone was doing well Red Coats told the tale with the AM Redcoat not so good but by the Afternoon we had 10 Headshots, 9 people qualified at 400 and everyone else qualified at the lesser ranges. The weather was 65° sunny and no wind. By the afternoon it was cold and cloudy but still no one complained!

A big thank you to everyone who came out with friends, word of mouth and doing the seventh step is the way to grow the program! Madam Yottnotin would be proud!

Sunday dawned wet with constant drizzle, it made me think of my days in Eureka Ca. and being in Oregon! Still everyone came that was scheduled and we had a blast. The golf ball shoot was popular with the Yellow Team of Sarah, Kent and Chuck winning three out of three times. Red team with Claire, nicknamed the Plinker for shooting an 8 inch steel plate at 175 yards when she got bored with AQT's, and Kelly were close seconds. It was two against three but Kelly had just made Rifleman with a 216!! Great job and he followed it up with a 225!

Adam was also close to making Rifleman but not quite there, he is heading back to Manhattan, NY this week and hopefully will follow up the shoots in New York City.

All in all it was a great weekend, thanks to Mr. B., Grateful Dog, Foppish Dandy, Woburn 210 for helping out!

Pictures will follow tomorrow.

Dano
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'- Ronald Reagan

Clairetheplinker

Hi there!

Just dropping by to say what a wonderful weekend I had at the Appleseed! I've been talking a blue streak about it to anyone and everyone who will listen - about how much I learned, how much fun I had, the incredible instructors, the palpable sense of patriotism, and about the very very big rifle I shot that goes BOOM.

I will definitely be back as often as I can - I want to be a rifleman! And I am actively recruiting friends to come with me next time.

Thank you so much for everything you are doing - it is truly an invaluable service to our country and her citizens. I'm proud to have been a part of something so special.

All the best and hope to see you all next time,

Claire (the plinker)

Dano

More Pictures As Promised. Thanks for the Pictures Claire the one with the FLags is Awesome. It was a pleasure to have all of you there and I look forward to seeing you and your family again.

Dano
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'- Ronald Reagan

gratefuldog

Agree w/ Dano... I just stole the "flag" pic and put it on FB...

MR B (549)

Great weekend indeed ...as stated in another post , I had an amazing time on Saturday and I'd like to commend those who came out and shot rifles ....some for the first time ...You guys are the cream of the crop ...

In a time of universal deceit,
telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
George Orwell

MinqVaadka

Hey guys,

Adam here. Two things:

1. Thank you so much for a great shoot. I had a fantastic time and I'm totally coming back for more, either here or in LA. I want Rifleman!

2. We just now discovered that we accidentally made off with the scope covers to Sam's rifle (not Pinky, but Plinky) -- sorry! Sam, if you see this (or if one of you fine gents wouldn't mind letting him know), send me an address at minqvaadka@gmail.com and we'll mail them to you asap!

You guys rock.

Thanks so much.