News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Livermore IBC 12/12

Started by Nero, December 12, 2012, 07:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero

Since no one's started an AAR thread, I'll get it rolling...

We had a great weekend in Livermore, at digs generously provided by Bay Area Rifleman KnowFear.  He not only gave us a place to work but brought in coffee and even pizza for the gang!   :bow:   :bow:

On hand we had brand new IITs Melissa, DrK, Relentless and Walter, and veterans Vinnie, American Amazon, RH BoxesofLiberty, guru and - border raiding all the way from cheese head paradise in Wisconsin - ballisticattitudechange.

bob 210 carried the main instructing load, with able assistance from Freeman and yours truly occasionally jumping into the deep end. 

Vinnie took some pix - you can see them here.  Here are a few that American Amazon grabbed:

Nitin changes hats - but we look forward to seeing an orange fedora!

Relentless in the foreground, Vinnie, Walter and Melissa in the background.

bob 210 and yours truly screwin' it up by the numbers.  I never realized doing it wrong was such hard work!

BoL, bob 210 and the beautiful Livermore country side

Freeman in good humor

bob 210 in motion.  I don't think that poster was a commentary, but you never know.

I saw some other cameras, post 'em up!
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

Melissa

Thank you all so much!! I've been using everything I've learned to practice my presentations for this weekend... I even took all of my notes and made a giant cheat sheet out of 'em.  ( :cool2: What do you think these are for? :cool2: ) Again, thanks a lot for such a rewarding weekend. You guys are awesome!!

-Melissa

Nero

Our host (KnowFear)  :bow:  has asked me to post the following on his behalf, since apparently he can't do that on this board:

It was a pleasure hosting you all!

I am so impressed with your dedication and expertise, as well as your commitment to re-connecting us all to those things that made this country great.

Keep up the good work, and you are welcome here again.

KF

(love your sig Melissa - as you may have noted, we are Rand-heads as well :)
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

Sightwolf

Your "designated Cheesehead" here.  I can't begin to tell all of you how much I appreciated both the hospitality and the learning experience.  So much so that I attended another IBC here in WI, last weekend.  A wee bit different.  There were over 20 folks in attendance, 11 of them Red Hats or higher.  The temperatures were about the same or just slightly lower than they were out there  ;), but with snow on the ground outside, we still managed to break into groups to do our work, some inside and some out.

I brought a wealth of information that I gleaned at Livermore back with me and shared some of it with the assembled multitudes at Baraboo (home of the Circus World Museum.)

"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it!"
"I don't get mad, I get more than even!"
"A closed mouth gathers no feet, fists or hand grenades."