News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Pensacola, FL - 12/1-2/2012

Started by LawDog, December 01, 2012, 12:38:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LawDog

The Escambia River Muzzle Loaders range rolled out the red carpet for nearly 50 shooters and instructors this weekend.  The beautiful Florida weather and the excellent range facilities were matched only by the quality of of the Patriots present.  Thank you all.  This group's attention and interest in the Strikes and Dangerous Old Men (and Young Women) was keen.  They focused on the course of instruction and worked hard to put principles into practice.  Although only Kevin (with a 214 and a 230) proved his marksmanship skills, I predict several more will do so at the next event.  Capt. Mike and Meghan, I have patches ready for you!

I also have to mention our several youth shooters.  It was a pleasure to have you all on the range.  And I thank your parents and grandparents for bringing you out. 

Finally, to my fellow instructors: well done!  Thank you each for your hard work and dedication.  I look forward to seeing all of you again soon.
Dan 

Tomblin

Dan W

Great weekend with fantastic weather. Although I was unable to shoot my grandson did. He wants to come back again as he had a great time. I learned so much by taking notes and asking questions my time was well spent.

Microdevil45

That looks like it was an amazing day.  I can't wait till I can get to a class.

Dan W

A new Rifleman.

connibear

Looks like there was a good turnout and nice weather. Congrats for the new rifleman.
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

9mm4545

Wow! What a turnout! If the weather was half as nice as it looked in the pictures, you had a very nice weekend indeed. Good job all--and thanks.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

isleno1963

I could not be more proud to be associated with such fantastic organization!

Kenny

dart67eb

Now that's turnout!  Great job folks!
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

sean_shoot_here

We had it all!  Outstanding students, support, staff, facilities and weather.

I enjoyed meeting and working with all of you!

Thank you one and all.

DrJohn

Great job, Lawdog and all your fine crew! And huzza! to all the fine patriots who who showed up to enjoy the great weather, fine facilities, and to hear the Story of April 19, 1775.
"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....

geeck

I felt privileged to participate, almost guilty, always seems I get more out of a shoot than I'm able to convey to the shooters. The other instructors were always quick with help when I needed it, couldn't ask for a better group.  I enjoyed watching all the shooters improve and especially their determination. A real standout was Meghan with her Marlin lever action, she could have shot rifleman with a LTR I have no doubt, but said it's my lever-gun or nothing... She'll be back!

My favorite part of an AS is the history and stories, Ken did a stirring and inspiring job. And when I see our SB get choked up talking to the group.... you just know there's no place I'd rather be than with this dedicated group of folks.

Captmoa

Words can't describe last weekend. Superb and patient instructors, fantastic weather and great patriotic people. What more could you ask for. Looking forward to the next one. I have a "patch" waiting with my name one it. Thanks to everyone.

PHenry

For thems unaware, Lawdog came down from LA to bail the FL cadre out and run this event at the last minute with no time to prep and little in the way of materials (targets, etc). God bless you sir.

Also, we had the "Tomblin Crew" in attendence with their friend Sean_shoots_here - all four drove in excess of four hours to make this event.

We take every event seriously, but when 50 Patriots sign up to sell out a venue - Appleseeders pull out all of the stops and make it happen, no matter what it takes.

To see so many dedicated to the ideals and traditions of the Founders gives me hope for our great country.
O0
Huzaaah! 
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

LawDog

I can't leave out that isleno1963 and geeck, two new-ish IITs from LA also made the trek - on about 48 hours notice, as did BiloxiSteve.  I am grateful to them, and to the Tomblin/sean crew - and Alchemist (LBOTG) - for all their hard work.  As I told them: any time, any where.