News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

1000 yd dope

Started by hawkeye, November 30, 2012, 08:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkeye

Here's a chance to shoot up to 1000 yards at Camp Butner Range. Lawson and I may go to this event. You don't need a good spotting scope, they will work the pits so you get instant feed back.  http://www.tracearmory.com/long-range-at-camp-butner.html
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

ThaiFighter

I just signed up both days.  I have my .30-06 but I think I may take my match AR to town for this.  1000yds with Iron sights sounds like fun! :)

Hope to see you and Lawson out there!
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

hawkeye

Lawson and I signed up for all day Friday,can't wait . I'll bring my 6.5 1917. January 19th is the Korean War sniper shoot ,scopes are welcome.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

hawkeye

The 1000 yard shoot at Camp Butner was great. Wildman , law man and I went together and learned a lot.  We started at 400yards then 600,800 and 1000 yards . We had a 5 mph wind at 45 degrees in the afternoon  to add to the difficulty  My 6.5 shot a sub MOA group at 1000 so I was pleased. I wish I had taken pictures of the range.

wildman

1000 yards is a long way! It was a good chance to practice shooting in the wind, I don't get to practice LR wind shooting enough. Three cheers to Hawk for find that opportunity.
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC