News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manheim, PA - Nov 17-18, 2012 - AAR

Started by mal, November 19, 2012, 11:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mal

Clear skies & crisp autumn air was the setting for the November shoot at the Elstonville Sportsmen's Association range.  What excellent weather for shooting & history. 

We had 14 on the line this weekend with people coming from across SE Pennsylvania as well as New Jersey & Delaware.  We had a Father-son-daughter group as well as 2 sets of brothers; pretty cool.

The instructor corp managed to turn out 2 new Riflemen.  The first was John scoring a 223 & later a 240 at his first Appleseed event.  Congrats!

Our second Rifleman was Harry scoring a 218 at his third event.  Well done!  Harry had been hovering in the Sharpshooter range all day.  After he scored Rifleman he said that the importance of NPOA just finally clicked... and it showed as his score jumped up 20-30 points when *all* of the points of instruction sunk in. 

We had 2 returning Rifleman Dave L & Dave E who re-qualified on the majority of QDAQTs we shot, both staged & rapid fire.  Nice job, guys.  Keep it up & pass on your skills.

Colonial Rose, one of our youngest IITs, shot her highest QDAQT to-date, a very respectable 230. 
Look out, guys!  Shoot like a girl... if you can...

Dave E also had his first cleaned Redcoat this weekend, earning the coveted Pennsylvania's 1st Rifleman Patch. 

Sutton, our newest Red Hat (congrats!) cleaned his first Redcoat this weekend as well, shooting another instructor's rifle for the first time no less.  Bravo!

As for the group as a whole, Saturday AM we had 7 qualify somewhere on the Redcoat.  By Sunday eve, 14 of 15 qualified, with a full 10 being 300 yards or better.  Outstanding, guys, really.

Just remember all, it takes *all* 3 legs for the stool to remain standing;
  1.  A solid platform (Steady Hold Factors)
  2.  Execution of *all* of the 6 steps of firing the shot
  3.  NPOA

Hope to see you all in December... or January... or February...
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

Our posterity.  Allison receiving the William Diamond Youth Patch.
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

We had 2 clean the Redcoat target this weekend earning the Pennsylvania 1st Rifles Patch:

Congrats David & Sutton!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

Our new Riflemen this weekend:

John was our first scoring a 223 & later a 240.

Harry scoring a 218.

Congrats guys!

We also had 2 Davids & our very own Colonial Rose who re-qualified repeatedly Sunday illustrating that once all the instruction sinks in & is executed, scoring 210 becomes *almost* easy.
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

More pics of the event:
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

Juergend posted several pics & a short movie of his Appleseed experience.  Links below.

Thanks Juergs!

Here is a link to the pictures from the event.   https://www.dropbox.com/sh/szuzum9ei2ea95e/1fLfhjGP_B

Also here is a video   https://vimeo.com/54114140
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

Jiggson

Had a really good time at this, my first shoot. Looking forward to the schedules being posted for the dates in the next couple months. Ready for more, and more attempts at that Redcoat target!

ItsanSKS

Congrats to the PA team are in order.  I have been examining pictures of events from all over the country, specifically looking for shots of students doing something wrong, as a way of training new IIT's of what to look for.  As I went through the pictures that have been posted, I must say that the standing positions that I've seen posted here are 100% picture-perfect. 

I mean, LOOK at this position:

Head erect, positive cheek weld, proper 'chicken wing', hips 90* to target, shoulders square with hips.  Can't see the shooters feet, but I'll bet dollars to donuts that his feet are shoulder-width apart, and his knees are slightly bent.  Doesn't get any better!

Keep on doin it RIGHT!
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."