News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Who do I need to talk too

Started by ironhead, November 17, 2012, 07:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ironhead

Hey I went to my 1st shoot at Red Brush in Evansville, In last weekend and want to try and start having them at Owensboro rifle & pistol where I'm a member. I'm willing to get things going on my end at the range but need to know who I need to talk to here and probably get some advice on it.

Thanks

Ironhead
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and of tyrants.

Thomas Jefferson.

Mudcat

You will want to talk with Unbridled Liberty he is the state coordinator. If I can lend a hand or materials I am pretty close to the range myself. If you can get us a invite I can do a presentation to the club or BOD.

What do ya think UL?
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Unbridled Liberty

For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Pitmaster

That's the exact way to go about it. When dealing with BOD it can help if you have another member or two who is also interested. Get yourself some knowledge about Appleseed and before getting in touch with the board. If you know or have a relationship with a board member solicit their advice and knowledge. Being prepared and knowledgeable pays off before jumping in too quick.

Good luck.
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member