News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Walk through Minuteman Park on 4/19/13

Started by Lima Tango, November 16, 2012, 04:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lima Tango

I am planning to take some time to explore some historical sites of April 19th 1775 prior to the Harvard shoot on April 20-21, 2013. I plan on inviting my friends and family(some appleseeders, some who would not be interested in the marksmanship clinic) and tell them the story.

I plan on visiting, in order, Lexington Green, the North Bridge, Meriam's Corner; and then drive over to the Brooks lot and walk the Battle Road Trail visiting Bloody Angle, the Paul Revere capture site, Bloody Angle, and the Visitor's Center.
I am guessing that this will take about 4 hours. I am thinking about meeting at Lexington Green at 12:30 on Friday the 19th. If anyone wants to join me, please let me know.

-LT

SteelThunder

I visited these sites (including Menotomy) back in Mar '12, when I was in Boston on a business trip.  I drove the road late in the afternoon...I did it in about 2 hours and was RUSHED!!  I could have taken all day easily...too much to soak in a short period of time.

Here's some of my pics  http://tinypic.com/a/2p9xj/2
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Lima Tango

Kaylee

Lima Tango

mj52

Kaylee

Given the events of this year, may I propose altering our schedule to accommodate the noon rally on Lexington Green?

I'd much rather be site seeing.... but I'm sure the men of the Lexington militia had plenty of places they'd rather have been as well -

http://www.facebook.com/events/581915461821136/?ref=3

MetalgodZ

Quote from: Kaylee on March 24, 2013, 02:45:22 PM
Given the events of this year, may I propose altering our schedule to accommodate the noon rally on Lexington Green?

I'd much rather be site seeing.... but I'm sure the men of the Lexington militia had plenty of places they'd rather have been as well -

http://www.facebook.com/events/581915461821136/?ref=3

Thank you for the plug, Kaylee. It would be a very good idea for as many (polite, well-dressed, articulate) people to be there as possible. I'm not going to go off track on this much further, but suffice to say we've pissed off enough people that they've organized a counterprotest.  :pop:  :sos:

Lima Tango

SO I will be down the Green around noon sporting my RWVA hat and red hoodie. Anyone who wants to meet up please find me or PM me prior to friday. Feel free to wear your instructor hats/hoodies as well.
From there I will drive to the North Bridge in Concord. After that, to Meriam's Corner. After that, to the parking area by the Brooks House and walk the Battle Road Trail through Lincoln to the Visitor Center by the Lexington line. This section of the Battle Road Trail is a scenic path through the wooded area of North Lincoln with historical markers along the way. The walking trail is a few miles long. I expect the afternoon trip to last 3-4 hours.

dwarven1

I'll be there but I don't know if I'll join you on the tour - the rally is supposed to be 4 hours long already.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Lima Tango

I will not be there as I have have just got called back to work in relation to the what happened last night in the city.