News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Interest in Grants Pass, OR Ranges

Started by skiddyfisk, October 31, 2012, 08:30:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skiddyfisk

I meant to ask this weekend but forgot; any way to get some more brochures? I handed out all the ones I had a while ago.

George Hacker

Sure.  I have some I can send your way.  Just PM me and let me know how many you need.

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

skiddyfisk

I've had a lot of "Are they doing one of these here?" at the brochure I have up. I'm pointing people towards Brookings and Eugene for now, hoping to see something here soon!

scoob

Mike 'scoob' Underwood
Boise, Idaho
--------------------------------------------------------------
Be sure and LIKE and SHARE our Facebook page: 
Northwest Region Project Appleseed
--------------------------------------------------------------
During the whole affair, the rebels attacked us in a very scattered, irregular manner, but with perseverance and resolution, nor did they ever dare to form into a regular body. Indeed they knew too well what was proper, to do so. Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken. They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..."Gen. Hugh, Earl Percy

skiddyfisk

I've tried to connect all interested parties with each other as best I can; haven't heard anything either way since before they finalized next year's schedule a few months ago.

skiddyfisk

As far as I can tell, the goobers that vote on these things at JCSA didn't want to go for this. I've become aware of a range near here that wasn't open to the public last time I dug into this. http://rvssa.org/cplex.html http://rvssa.org/600yd.html

I don't know what all the stuff with relays and target pits is, but this place might be worth looking into for a shoot down here.

Prescott

This looks like a potential range.   I will contact them and see where it leads.   

I am also trying to get some contacts at the Ashland range, but have not had any success in getting in contact with a board member at the range.

Thanks,
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

skiddyfisk

Awesome. If they sound amicable I can go scout if needed.

Prescott

Their website does not have any board member contact information, so I will be sending them a letter.   If you can do any local scouting to see if you can get a board member contact, I will be happy to follow up with them.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

skiddyfisk

I sent them an e-mail from their contact form, will see what that shakes loose.

skiddyfisk

Got a response from the range manager, relevant info in your PMs, Prescott.

skiddyfisk

skiddyfisk

Quarterly bump to see what's up with this.

:DH:

Prescott

the Rogue Valley Sportsman Club approved us last fall to have a shoot at their range, but I had some technical difficulties in getting a date and getting all of the paperwork signed.    I will keep working on them and hopefully we can have an event this year.

skiddyfisk

Excellent. I'll be watching the schedule. I have quite a few people who'll be happy to hear this!