News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Is time geting close for WW II SQ

Started by Redwolf, July 15, 2008, 09:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwolf

Is the Sept 20 WW ll SQ still looking good?  I'm ready.

Redwolf

Good deal Boltgun 71. I was able to get to the KWSS last year and had a good time. Since then I have a couple of AS's under my belt and looking for the chance to put some of that training to work on the long range. Besides, I just mounted a Bushnell 6500 on the 308. I'm dialing it in now and the shoot will be a good work out. Looking forward to seeing you there.

wildman

You bet the WW2 SS in on track. I put out the schedule the first of the year and it doesn't change unless someone dies. No kidding Its a good idea to check The Home Range Events the week prior to a shoot just to make sure nothing has changed. The shoot must go on.

See you at the range.
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

hawkeye

If someone dies we'll call it a memorial shoot and keep the schedule. I'm ready, I'm bringing iron sights, a rifle that,s in perfect shape and a focused mind.Mauser boy is coming too!
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

Junior Birdman

"If someone dies we'll call it a memorial shoot and keep the schedule."

;D ;D ;D

Now THAT"S the Appleseed spirit!  Wish I was going to make this one. Shoot a monkey for the Birdman.  JB
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever." John Adams

Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them. Fredrick Douglass

wildman

Yeah birdman that earning a living gets in the way of the good stuff. Wish you could come maybe next year or perhaps the KWSS in December.
I will attempt to qualify with my 03A3 and iron sights. If I bring my M48DM then its too easy. I want to do it the hard way. Better braggin' rights.
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

hawkeye

I forgot to add the we divide up the dead guys gear then shoot.I think the 1917 will keep up with that 03A3 just fine. Although I wish I had that 10 round magazine on the 1917.  I'd like to see JB at the sniper shoot, he did well shooting the monkey at the last boot camp.

note: no live monkeys were harmed at the last boot camp
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

Redwolf

Shooting stick cleaned and packed ready to go. :)

Koma

I might be bringing a 03 A4, borrowed. Joe I know you can't wait

wildman

Glad to hear your up for it. You guys shooting scopes will have to shoot better than the iron sight shooters. I haven't decided how much. Is going to be a great course. See you on Saturday.

hawkeye

OMG! What to bring scope, no scope ,bolt, or a gas gun. I can't wait for Saturday looks like the weather will be nice! Mauser boy knows what he'll shoot.

Redwolf

No scope no sights close your eyes and use your inner power grasshopper.  ;D

wildman

There seems to be some confusion about the WW2 course on Saturday. Scopes no scopes
what should you bring?

Last year we realized we need to have a sniper course for iron sights and one for scopes.
Because the WW2 course only went to 400 yards that one would be the iron sight course and
the KWSS course at 500 would be for scopes. The only difference is the distance and the
setting of the targets. The shoot on Saturday might be too easy for scoped rifles.
You can bring your scoped rifle and shoot it if you want. Shooters shooting scoped rifle will
have to shoot 90% to qualify and that may be too easy. If you really want a challenge bring
a rifle with iron sights.

Someone ask can they bring two rifles of course they can but I doubt we have
time to get two rifles zeroed. I always bring a back up. My primary rifle will be an M14SA and the
back up is an M1.  Once you start the course with a scope you have to shoot it with the
scope and same goes with iron. If time allows we may shoot it twice that all depends on the
number of shooters.

Koma

Wildman thank you for a good well run shoot and an exceptionally fun day, I'm glad I was able to shoot the 1903A4 at this shoot.

JohnnyReb

With the weather we had it was paradise!
One Bank to rule them all, one Bank to find them, one Bank to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.