News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Anyone interested in NRA RSO certification?

Started by 2 clicks low, November 09, 2012, 01:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2 clicks low

Among other less pleasant things I am an NRA Chief RSO.
I am thinking about holding an NRA RSO class in January if people are interested.

This credential has nothing to do with RWVA but your local club will probably like it.

Hats of any color will pay my materials costs of $25 (including patch). There is also an NRA registration fee of $25 - $35 depending on your NRA status. Must be 21 per NRA rules.

Non hats are $50 + NRA registration.

If we need to rent a room there will also be that cost.

2cl

"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

32clickshigh

2cl, count me in. I am working the Kane County Sportsman's show with Karl one of the weekends, but I should be good for all other weekends that month.

brianheeter

2cl is offering a bargain.  I paid $100 for the class recently in Kentucky.  From what I've seen on the NRA site that lists where and when these classes are offered $100 is pretty standard.  Take him up on his generous offer and get this training (and certification) for a much lower price than others will offer.

brian
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

Johnnyappleseed

This is a good deal !
I paid more than that a decade ago for NRA RSO cert.

Another aspect of getting the cert is its lots of fun  ;D
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

olefido

They had an RSO class over at the World Shooting Complex in Sparta, IL the 1st of Sep for $125. I wanted to go but didn't have the $$$. Wish you could come down here.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

AuntieBellum

2cl, I would happily drive over to your neck of the woods for this.  Let me know when, and I'll try to make it work.
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

dart67eb

Where will it be held.  I need one to teach the rifle merit badge.
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

2 clicks low

I haven't picked a location yet. I wanted to see what if any interest there is and where that interest is located. 32 clicks is up this way (Chicago), Dart67eb and Olefido are way down south and Auntie Bellum is somewhere in Indiana.

Lets see if there is more interest and where. Then I will figure out a location.

It is a nine hour course. I usually run right thru. Bring lunch or we will call out for a pizza. We do NOT need a range, no shooting required. I do like everyone to bring their oddest firearm and be prepared to demonstrate how to unload and make safe. Per NRA rules no ammo is allowed in class.

2cl

Two Wolves

A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

32clickshigh

2cl,

If needed to make this more convenient for others, I am willing to travel up to 1-1.5 hours (each way) from my home.

Karim

Miller

Cert is good for a year right?

Well....
That'll be pretty close to my recert date....

Shoot schedule permitting I'm in.

Fearful but resolute.

EODTech256

I would be interested. I am down near St Louis but could travel if I need too. Are there any prerequisites for the course?
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." --Thomas Paine, The Crisis, No. 4, 1777

Yogi

I'm in as long as the date works please keep me in the loop. Thanks 2cl

2 clicks low

Miller, you do not have to retake the course to renew. You can do it online with a credit card @ NRAINSTRUCTORS.ORG

I am looking at 1/27. As there is not a whole lot of response I will have the course at my place in Chicago, about 1 mile west of Wrigley field.

As I have to order materials, please PM me if you are coming by 1/4. I'll send you back my address.

2cl

2 clicks low

So far I have 2 commitments.

As my NRA TC's have told me to have at least 4 students for this course I need two more students.

Please let me know if you are interested in 1/27 in Chicago.

2cl

EODTech256

Maybe we could repost this on the Wisconsin and Indiana boards to see if any of our neighbors are interested.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." --Thomas Paine, The Crisis, No. 4, 1777

Twineagles

If there is interest to hold this further west. I am also a CRSO and located in central Iowa (Winterset).

Mike
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

techres

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

2 clicks low

Quote from: techres on January 02, 2013, 07:22:09 PM
If middle IL is possible, I am interested.

Techres, I will be happy to take the show on the road. I'll cover the first tank of gas after that gotta add it to the cost.

Everyone else AuntieBellum is in. Would like 1 or 2 more. Gotta order supplies my Monday so let me know.

2cl

techres

Schedule conflict with local promo event eliminates me.  Will have to catch up next time.

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

2 clicks low

I have 4 confirms and 5 manuals.
Anyone last minute want to come?

2cl

Chewie

Still have an open spot and what time starting on sunday?
'Til we meet again, may your aim be true and the lead fly.

"I have many times asked the American backwoodsman what their best marksman could do. They tell me that an expert rifleman can hit the head of a man at 200yds. I am certain that provided an American rifleman could get perfect aim at 300yds would undoubtedly hit me unless it was a very windy day" Maj Hanger British Army

2 clicks low

I have 1 CXL so there are 2 spots open.

Chewie, PM sent with address.

2cl

AuntieBellum

Great class.  Thank you, 2cl, for your hospitality and for offering the class to Appleseeders for such a great deal.  For all ya'll who weren't there...you missed out.   ;)
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot