News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Winterseed?

Started by Drfury, November 01, 2012, 10:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drfury

When I was at the Winterset shoot in September there was rumor of a winterseed for Iowa. Does anyone have any details on a time or place yet?
Our liberties we prize and our rights we will maintain.

Miller

I don't believe anything has come of trying for an Iowa Winterseed yet.

Realistically I think the best/most likely/lowest calorie option is Shenandoah.  Don has the only DAR in Iowa at the moment.  All of the other active ranges would require approval by a board and it's getting a bit late in the year for that sort of thing. 

Fearful but resolute.

Alex

I believe that Mike is getting us set up for a  Winterseed event in Winterset the second weekend in January.
Intellect is invisible to the man who has none.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine

Miller

Fearful but resolute.

Twineagles

Being on the club board makes it easier to get on the calendar. Plan is a 1 day event 2nd Saturday in January 12th. I will get board approval at this month's meeting range is not used much in winter like most ranges ......

Mike
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

loves2hunt59

Twineagles

Winterset Winterseed Jan 19th Madison County Sportsmen's Club!

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

AFTERMATH

If you can't wait; we've got one next weekend in Rochester, MN - It's almost Iowa....   At least for me.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

RODGE

Hey Mike.  Will it be 19th only, or 19/20?  Rodge
What we allow is what will continue!

What have you done for LIBERTY today?

Twineagles

Plan for now just Saturday.

Bryce has promised to wear flip flops and shorts. Not sure how he is going to attatch flip flops to his winter pac boots. Putting on shorts over the Carhardts is easy enough though.

cavscouty

This is what I came here tonight.  Looks like I'm doing a Winterseed. :cool2:  <didn't really expect dude here to wink at you all, whatevs
It's war...bring a helmet.

Drfury

A few more questions.
The winterseed is open to non IIT's right?
Will there be an online sign up or just cash the day of?
how much will it cost? $45?

Yankeedutch

This should be on the schedule soon. 
Normal daily fee. 
I think there is a range fee of $5 too.
It is open anyone who thinks to they are hardy enough.

Just be sure to be prepared for the weather.
Get your gear and warm clothes ready.
My last January shoot was blustery... see my avatar.

It should be fun!!

Dutch
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act."
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Burnett

Gonna have to keep this in mind.
Hopefully it'll be -12°F with 25+ mph wind, and snowing.  ^:)^

dawg69

Winterset Winterseed.

That's a mouthful!

Burnett

So, is this going to happen?
It is not on the schedule.

beef1911

I came to find out also. Sounds like fun.

Drfury

I just checked with the Madison county sportsmans club, the range is reserved for the winterseed event and it should kick off at 8 A.M.

Not sure if it will be officially posted on the national board, so it might be a cash only deal, pay the day of the event, which is $50+5 range fee(?).

Yankeedutch

Hi all,

The Winterset Winterseed looks like it is still on.  Due to unfortunate circumstances our state coordinator was not able to post this.  He gave me permission to work on this and I am checking on the details.

Please post if you plan to attend.

Further details to follow.

So keep the faith.

Dutch 
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act."
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Drfury

cavscouty

It's war...bring a helmet.

Drfury

Ok I know I started this thread and I know I already said that I wanted to attend, but...

That was before I learned there was going to be a rally for the Second Amendment at the state Capitol building on the same day.
January 19th, 2013 at Noon.

The entire purpose of project appleseed is to tell the story of the patriots that founded this nation and what they did to secure the blessings of liberty we enjoy today. Its mission is also
to encourage people to get involved to maintain those liberties. This is how I am going to get off the couch next Saturday.

mac3647

Des Moines Rally for me ! :sb:
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"  Thomas Jefferson

Yankeedutch

We have a shootboss and we have the range.
The registration link is still pending.  We plan to
have this shoot!

Sounds like there are two places to be Saturday.
Hope you all are at one or the other.

Dutch
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Edmund Burke

Yankeedutch

The event is now posted:
http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-map.php
Click on Iowa and there is a link with information.

You may also sign up on Saturday at the Winterset
Sportsmans club.
Show up by 8:30

This may be our first Thawseed.  Dress warm as it will be cool
and windy.

Let us know if you need to borrow a rifle.  Everyone is welcome.

Dutch
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Edmund Burke

Anidor

Dang, of course both events are the same day... :wb:

Well, I already registered for the shoot, so I guess that's where I'll be.

See you in Winterset.
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." – George Mason

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul

Twineagles

Not very winter like today but a good shoot anyway.