News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

West Bend Barton Sportsman's Club "just for fun" rifle shoot

Started by BrettA, October 30, 2012, 05:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrettA

Let me start by saying that I am in no way affiliated with the West Bend club. I saw on their website that they are having a 200yd "just for fun" high power prone rifle shoot on Dec. 16th at 9am. Any rifle with any rest is allowed, Bi pods, slings ect. I thought it would be interesting for a group of Appleseeders to come out with our patches and see how we do. Maybe if we do well it may spark some interest from the other shooters there. The price is $5 per gun. 20 rounds in 20 min with 2 sighters. Let me know what you all think. I plan on shooting this either way.

Thanks,
BrettA

Trisha

This might be something I could do. :) I'll let you know when the date gets closer.

dragonfly

Sounds like a great opportunity  ;) to show off our skills  :---

D
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

jrturbo

I have shot this match many times.  It has evolved quite a bit over the last few years.  Beware though, it is a "belly benchrest" match.  If you decide to use a front and rear rest and compete with the big dogs your "X-Ring" is a 1/16" dot.  If you use a scoped rifle with sling you use the IBS200HR target with a 1/2 MOA (1 inch) X-ring,  If you use Iron sight / sling you get to use the MR-52 which has a 1.79" X-Ring.  This match is ALL SINGLE LOAD SLOW FIRE. Make sure you bring a spotting scope or binoculars to see your sighters.  They usually send someone down to mark them with golf tees and give everyone a chance to note your hits to make the appropriate adjustments before the scoring shots. You get to score the best of the 22 rounds.

-FROM THE WBBSC WEBSITE-
The match will be shot from the "prone" position (laying on your belly). You may shoot any rifle with any sight. The distance to the target is 200 yards.  See the Targets Link page. Sporter Rifles with optical sights will use the IBS600 target that has a 1/2MOA "X" ring 1 MOA 10 ring. Target Rifles shoot NBRSA-2 or IBS200HR Target, 1/16 MOA X Ring, ½ MOA 10 Ring, 1MOA 9 Ring. The target for iron , or, open sighted rifles will be the NRA MR-52, a reduction of the MR-1 target to simulate the 600-yard Slow Fire stage of the National Match Course at 200yards. Aiming Black (inches) Rings in White (inches): X ring 1.79", 10 ring 3.79", 9 ring 5.79", 8 ring 7.79",  7 ring 11.79", 6 ring 15.79",  5 ring 19.79".

This is a really fun, super laid-back match.  The folks at WBBSC are really accommodating and it is well run.  You can get out and shoot in the morning and be back home by a reasonable time.  If you want on the 1st relay get there early, like by 8am at the latest.

Unfortunately I will be unavailable on the 16th.  So by all means go and have some fun!

Turbo

Tribuo mihi licentia vel tribuo mihi nex.
If Appleseed is not about making a difference in this country, starting at the local level, then we are nothing more than a distraction that will lead to the loss of our inheritance.

BrettA

dragonfly

I wonder if we have every had an Appleseed at West Bend  ;)

D-fly  @)
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.