News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rumors...

Started by Fred, July 11, 2008, 03:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

I'm hearing rumors, even way out here on the east coast, that Fred will be at an upcoming California Appleseed.

Those rumors are true.

The likeliest one will be Santa Barbara on the weekend of Aug 30/31.

I can't promise, but I can plan...

As a fill in and possible substitute, some Californians have suggested that Elton John would be a perfectly acceptable last-minute sub - only I couldn't quite catch their names, they said they were in such a rush. ;D

A trip to California is something to look forward to. Unlike the dark continent of just a year ago, there's now a local colony of missionaries hard at work to bring heritage to the natives, and Fred is always ready to 'visit the front' and see progress for himself.  8)

So hopefully, I'll see you guys before the end of the summer (which ends, officially, Sept 20, right?).

You can go ahead and get the word out: Fred's coming, and he's bringing North Bridge water! (That's gotta be a powerful combination, so we'll administer in carefully-controlled doses... ;D ;D)

And let's work hard to get the triumphal arches up and decorated, and hurry up and save the state - so everyone will be asking, "will Arnold be there, with the key to the state?" You'll have to come to the Appleseed to find out...and work hard in the meantime, to make it happen.

Appleseed. We can do anything.

:)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

AZRedhawk44

North Bridge Water?

I don't know whether to be revolted by water from Taxachussetts, or make plans to attend myself to be within range of the spiritual glow of the waters of Concord.

Is it distilled to remove the taxandbanitis infection inherent to it today? ;D

Old Dog

some things just ain't what they used to be

what ever was in the water prior to 1775 is certainly gone now

maybe it will come back some day
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

LayloPro

Well Fred,
as usual you are right again....the state is not the same dark continent with nothing but latte slurping yuppies it was last year.....we have some hope, & are beginning to find some underground folks who thought all things Californian had been lost....they're coming out of their bomb shelters, & beginning to imbibe on freedom's sweet taste........strangely enough, most of the folks on the firing line @ the last event @ Piru were complete foreigners, which is a great thing......when they go back home, they can tell the folks of the shooting skills acquired & the history learned in even so liberal a place as PRK......  :o ::) ;D

However, to sweeten the pot for you (so to speak), I'll bring some oranges from my backyard tree for you, since we won't be at Hotel Appleseed in Fillmore this time......Might even have to make sure you get to a real nice restaurant up the road a ways, & treat yourself to some great chow....not too far from where JB was regaled with awesome Cali cooking last time he was out...... ;D ;D ::)

Looking forward to seeing you again, sir, and as before, "Thank You" for making this possible. 8)
Ian
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

dwarven1

Quote from: M1A4ME on July 11, 2008, 06:43:51 PM
some things just ain't what they used to be

what ever was in the water prior to 1775 is certainly gone now

maybe it will come back some day
*ahem*

I take exception to your remark, Sir. We've held several Appleseeds here behind the Tofu Curtain. The Revolutionary spirit is alive here... just not terribly widespread. But we're working on it, we're working on it...

You're cordially invited to come on out any time; I will happily serve as a tour guide should you so desire.

If you shoot a 210, I'll even baptize you with water from the mighty Concord River. Heck, I'll even take you there... and gleefully watch as the goosebumps rise as you realize exactly WHERE you're treading.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

PHenry

Laylopro,

Just a tip. If you wish to get Fred's attention - forget about anything approaching what most would call a "really nice restaurant" - you'd be lucky to get him into the parking lot!

Think Wendy's for most meals. He will eat breakfast, but only if it comes with the room and can be had in under 5 minutes.

If you really want to earn points, pull into a DQ and get him a chocolate dipped cone and a milkshake, as that is about the only luxury I have ever seen him afford himself on the road.

Fred, please forgive me. I couldn't help myself.  :-[
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

LayloPro

Hey PHenry!

Yeah, I get the idea that Fred might be a tad on the side of what we call "frugal" out here (prob Scotch-German ancestry) ;D.....but most of the DQ's out here were shuttered up from all the tofu-eaters not wanting to enlarge their svelte bodies..... :-[ :'(

What I noticed him mostly doing @ the 4/19 event was eating oranges......lots of oranges.....as it turns out, we were all at the same motel (Hotel AS in Fillmore), & the owner has orange trees planted as "shrubbery"....Fred couldn't help himself....he had to load up a bag to use for "re hydration" during the weekend...... ;D :D ;D
Since I have a very nice seedless Naval tree in my back yard, I figured I'd bring him some of those, since we won't be near Piru this time...... ;D

As far as the "nice restaurant" goes, I'll let Bob210 work his negotiation magic on him....... :D :D 8)

I will have my #3 daughter with me on this one, & the 30th is her 25th B-day, so we'll be there......be great fun to turn it into an AS event..... ;D 8) ;D

I will in the future, be keeping my eye out for a DQ.....you reminded me of how awesome those chocolate dipped cones were....esp. in the summertime..... 8) ;D

TTYS!
Ian

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

colycat

California is on fire!!!  You guys are going to get The Fred back again!!!!  Its just not fair,  boo hoo. 

I am so proud to meet all the movers in CA and to be at the first AS in your great state.  Did you know, that if CA was a country,  you use more gas and diesel than any other country in the world.  It has got to make you proud!!! If you were a country you would have the 6th largest GDP.  No wonder all your puke politians think there is no end to the gravey train for them!@!

Appleseed is the cure.  Go California!

Coly
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Old Dog

"Rumor" has it if you buy Fred a bag of tootsie roll pops (and let him pick through it to get his favorite flavor) his whole outlook will be greatly improved.

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

SavageShootr

Quote from: M1A4ME on July 24, 2008, 10:38:45 PM
"Rumor" has it if you buy Fred a bag of tootsie roll pops (and let him pick through it to get his favorite flavor) his whole outlook will be greatly improved.

Good to know M1A4ME, I haven't seen a DQ in quite some time, so glad to know there is something that will work. Between that and the oranges from Laylopro we should have it pretty good.  ;D

~SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Liberty Dave

After reading the Tofu posts I was reminded of an article in the L. A. Times recently that mentioned a new medical study showing that regular eating of tofu by men will lower their sperm count because of the plant based estrogen in it. I now realize that our Kalifornia standard ultra conservative governor was being prophetic when he called those tofu eating liberal politicians a bunch of girlie men!  ;D
"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready." T. Roosevelt

LayloPro

Too true, Liberty Dave!!! ;D :D ;D
Except, I'm convinced he started getting fed tofu on the sly by his wife, & that's part of the reason he's been signing the legislation he has over the last year....... :o :D :P
See you this next month, & get that shoulder fixed already!!

TTYS