News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

November is LibrarySeed month in Wisconsin!!!

Started by dragonfly, October 22, 2012, 09:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonfly

No shoots in November  :-[  huh I wonder what we could do about that. I proclaim November  LibrarySeed month in Wisconsin.

We have only done one this whole year. Want to do more for the program? Want to do some good old fashioned community service. What better than telling the story of April 19th at a local event. Easy, free, and you can do it in a couple of hours. No line to set up, no rifles to get in the way just some good  story telling.

Get to your local Library, 4H club, whatever club and set up an event NOW. What are we waiting for? I bet we could get at least one a week in November. Thats four more this year, actually Nov. has like 5 weeks. An easy way to get your shoot count up, thats right LibrarySeeds count as shoots.

Alright who's first to get one set up? Don't think about it, just do it  &)   Any questions? send a pm or call me 608-370-1747

D-fly  Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

dragonfly

24 hrs and no replies  :wb: Anyway I can help.

D-fly

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.

Trisha

Well I'll be going to lacrosse to tell 7th-8th graders about April 19th....that counts right?

dragonfly

Of coarse, whats the date? Need some help?  :bow:

D-fly

K.I.S.S.

Trisha

Not sure on the date. Depends on when his wife gets to that part in the book. I'll keep you updated 

dragonfly

Hey Lady Vetch, how about a another Lodi LibrarySeed  :)

K.I.S.S.

Trig

Im working with some home schoolers I met at Bristol, working on dates as well.  will try to make it in OFFICAL LIBERTYSEED MONTH!!
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

ManOutdoors

We have someone coming out to talk to my wife's class next week, but it's a very small class and there and I know that there are a lot more people in the community that would be interested.  I'd love to work with you all to get a Library Seed out here at one of the libraries or elsewhere here in La Crosse.  I'm the Program Director for Big Brothers Big Sisters in our area, and I work with the Boys and Girls Club and Kamo Kids (a mentoring program based on getting kids out to hunt, fish, camp, hike, etc.) as well.  I think we could get the word out to a large number of kids and families.  What do I need to do to help get the ball rolling?

colycat

MO,

Just get some speaking engagements set up with the groups you work with.  Know that the instructor core in WI will get someone there to help you out O0
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine