News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Riley, IN (Terre Haute) Appleseed August 30-31

Started by hawkhavn, July 10, 2008, 11:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkhavn

All,

We recieved Club approval tonight from the Riley Conservation Club to hold an Appleseed shoot on Aug 30-31.  Details and RWVA apporval to follow shortly.  IITs mark your calendars! We will be short fused on this one so start your engines and get ready for an early Constitution Day Appleseed.  Range is narrow so probably will be capped at 25-30 shooters.

Trailblazing kudos goes out to IIT Techres, who paved the way for an easy introduction to the Appleseed Program.

hawkhavn

Eventbrite registration page:
http://www.eventbrite.com/event/141384886
Go for it folks!
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

techres

I'm so glad this worked out!  Let's get a webpage up for registration ASAP and some modified flyers.  I want to start pumping this as soon as Saturday morning.

Hawkhvn, can you modify/update the IN flyers to have the 3 shoots for the rest of the year?  I have limited access to a color laser and could put off some of these.  I really want to see how many Bloomington/IU people we can get for this.

Caravan/Carpooling may be a real offer/help on this shoot.

As soon as we have a page up, I also want to hit some of the political websites for IN as an addition to the usual gun sites.

Let's make this happen!
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

DaveD

Techres

Great Work!   ;D  As soon as a flier is available, I will print some up and get them posted around this area.

Hoping to develop some interest in a Mini Appleseed at my local gun club.  Talked to several adults at a 4H rifle practice session this afternoon.  One has read some of Fred's SGN articles and is ready to go work up his 10-22 after I gave him some more info on the program.  I just might get him to this Riley Shoot.

usafe7ret
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

hawkhavn

Techres,

I should be able to get it to you tomorrow night.

USAFE7RET,

You up for an IIT slot that weekend? Probably won't get much closer than this!

hawkhavn

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

DaveD

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

TheEditor

If we can get a flyer together for this shoot (and if we can't I'll make one myself) I'll pass them out and promote it at the Danville IL mini shoots July 17, July 31, and Aug 21.  Danville is close (less than an hour) from Terre Haute.  We might get some at the minis who take a bite out of the apple, and then decide to jump in for a weekend (at least that's what I'm hoping.)

TE
John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

Spatulaman

And here is a publicity flyer for the Riley IN 'Seed.

hawkhavn

Thanks you sir,the printing presses will be spinning in the morning!

hawkhavn

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

---Robert Anson Heinlein

indyjoe

Is anyone going to be at the shoot on Sunday with an extra 10/22 LTR? I decided to come back to shoot a rifleman score that eluded me when my knee issue kept me from getting 8 rounds in for sitting.

When my dad heard this, he wants to come. No problem, I have two rifles. Then my nephew might come up with dad. So I'm short 1 LTR. I've got mags and such, would just need an LTR and sling.
"It dosen't require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires to people's minds."  Samuel Adams