News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

What to bring to an IBC?

Started by ToneDef, October 18, 2012, 11:25:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToneDef

Folks, as a relative noob to both shooting and AS, what is the suggested gear for an IBC? I am attending the upcoming IBC in Palatka and I'm just wondering if we're going to be in the classroom most of the time or on the firing line, doing Mock Appleseeds, etc.
"Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing." - Thomas Paine, Rights of Man, 1791

"There's the country of America, which you have to defend, but there's also the IDEA of America. America is more than just a country, it's an idea. An idea that's supposed to be contagious." - Bono

Palatka ten twelve "Smoakin' IBC"

Sly223

We will do both, so be very prepped! ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

TomM1Thumb

A printed copy of the Appleseed Instructors Manual, A covered dish for Saturdays evening meal, Paul Revere's Ride, Food and water for both days, If You are staying in Smoaks BIG Workshop, pillow, blanket, flat sheet, Inflatable bed, Cot, or Sleeping bag. Dress as if this were a Shoot! Also if You have a odd Firearm, Bring it for Saturday evenings Show tell and swap lies entertainment!

writing devices, and a notebook are a big plus.

Be ready to Learn, Cause Learn You will!!!!! Have Fun!!!
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

smoakingun

Tom pretty well summed it up. The amount of trigger time for you will be low, because you will be instructing the mock appleseed. There is so much information going to be thrown at you, be ready to learn.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

PHenry

Send me an Email addy and I will reply with a great deal of study-relayed materials to help you prepare. A large part of Appleseeds is in the preparation and the details. Once the fist shooter arrives - the opportunity for prep is over - that ship has sailed. Prepare hard and with care - that should always be your plan A. Then learn the secret to success in Appleseeds and life itself - improvise, adapt, and overcome. Combined together - they are a force with which to be reckoned.
In Liberty,
PH
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

ThaiFighter

a teachable attitude...

Just like those wearing red hats and shoot boss caps and Sr Instructor underoos...  O0
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

Sly223

I want some Shoot Boss Long Johns! ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!