News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

BIG News, California! "CALIFORNIA" rockers soon to be available!

Started by Fred, July 09, 2008, 08:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SavageShootr

Quote from: bob 210 on August 01, 2008, 03:25:35 PM

Fred said "Since the idea is to build a solid dedicated CA group, I'd guess any qualified rifleman who's been to an Appleseed will be elegible for the rocker, the idea being to have as many "CALIFORNIA" rockers as we can get, walking around California on shooting jackets."

"Qualified Rifleman" meaning anybody that shoots a 210 or better on the AQT. That sounds good to me. Now lets get busy getting people to an Appleseed and get them qualified. 1000 rockers is a lot of Rifleman! And we gotta get rid of the first batch to order the second batch!

You do not have to attend an RBC or An IBC to get a CA rocker. You have to attend a CA Appleseed and shoot a score of 210 or better on the QDAQT under regulation time. 8)

Even at having only to shoot a 210 or better under reg. time on the QDAQT, that is a high bar. KA, what are you thinking?  :o
The question now is do you have to shoot the score in California? Can you have attended a CA. Appleseed and made Rifleman in say AZ. or TN.? I figure this will come up sooner or later, might as well get it answered now.

~SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Grandson of Liberty

Quote from: SavageShootr on August 01, 2008, 05:32:05 PM
Even at having only to shoot a 210 or better under reg. time on the QDAQT, that is a high bar. KA, what are you thinking?  :o
The question now is do you have to shoot the score in California? Can you have attended a CA. Appleseed and made Rifleman in say AZ. or TN.? I figure this will come up sooner or later, might as well get it answered now.

~SS

While I'm not sure my two cents is even worth two cents, I vote you have to shoot a 210 in California.  8)

Full Disclosure: I have not yet shot a 210 anywhere on the planet.  :-[
"Who hasn't done 'Number 2' on Bob yet?"- Jr. Birdman, Piru IBC, Three-Oh-Nine

Fred

Man, thank heaven we have the equivalent of a Jesuit debating society here to soak up all that free time you should be out Appleseeding.

If a shooter is from CA and gets qualified, he gets a rocker, is what I think Bob was saying.

I think he was also saying that a shooter trained in California can, if he wants, get a CA rocker.

But maybe we should only give out CA rockers to those who are out, everyday, working for Appleseed in California, and not in front of their computer, debating the finer details of who gets what, when...(this is meant in humor and good-naturedly, and no noses will be got out of joint in reading that statement, and that's an order!).

The rockers are on the way. There's 24-hr aerial surveillance of the truck carrying them across the country - just like for those disputed ballots in Florida that were shipped from Miami up to Jacksonville in 2000. Yes sir, that's how important and eagerly awaited they are. I hope Bob 210 is ready with his riot control gear for when they arrive.

If the devil was in me, I could post the tracking number, so everyone here to track the package themselves, and know exactly when and where it is to arrive... ;D ;D ;D
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Old Dog

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

LayloPro

Yep......the job is to turn around the PRK in to plain old (as it used to be!) California......
Any of you ex-pats feel like coming home to fight the fight? Turn this around? Any takers?? :o 8)
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

kool aid

Far be it from me, relatives......

Asked and answered, as they say....

So- like the man says, LETS GET BUSY.....

Those guys up in Washington State have 19 pre-reg via shameless promotion. Man.......That's almost a full line.
;D

Thanks for all the positive PM'S  and phone calls guys.

I will be starting a travelog about the upcoming journey to the IBC and AS up in Castle Rock Washington.

APPLE SEED NATION ROCKERS!

Hey- we are a NATIONAL program afterall.
Take a moment and remember the kind of man you chose to be when you got yourself out of that last scrape. Maybe you prayed that you would be different if he delivered you. Maybe you found hope here you thought unreachable. Do not concern yourself with anything 'els THAT. Make the mission first.

SavageShootr

Quote from: Fred on August 01, 2008, 08:16:21 PM

Man, thank heaven we have the equivalent of a Jesuit debating society here to soak up all that free time you should be out Appleseeding.

If a shooter is from CA and gets qualified, he gets a rocker, is what I think Bob was saying.

I think he was also saying that a shooter trained in California can, if he wants, get a CA rocker.

But maybe we should only give out CA rockers to those who are out, everyday, working for Appleseed in California, and not in front of their computer, debating the finer details of who gets what, when...(this is meant in humor and good-naturedly, and no noses will be got out of joint in reading that statement, and that's an order!).

The rockers are on the way. There's 24-hr aerial surveillance of the truck carrying them across the country - just like for those disputed ballots in Florida that were shipped from Miami up to Jacksonville in 2000. Yes sir, that's how important and eagerly awaited they are. I hope Bob 210 is ready with his riot control gear for when they arrive.

If the devil was in me, I could post the tracking number, so everyone here to track the package themselves, and know exactly when and where it is to arrive... ;D ;D ;D

Now Fred, Some of my Appleseed work in California has to be done in front of the computer, so put that whip away.  ::)

~SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.

SavageShootr

Oh yeah, and just so you know, part of what made me want to go to an Appleseed and get involved was the stuff that was on the forum. Very important.

Now, how about those California Rockers. BIG NEWS!!!  (beat you to it JB!!  ;D)

Wheeler44

Hey kool aid,
QuoteThose guys up in Washington State have 19 pre-reg via shameless promotion.
Who me? shameless? No way, I just checked my shame at the door along with my guns and ego,
QuoteMan.......That's almost a full line.
I'm hopin' for a full line and Wade is out ridin' a Bobcat as we speak, makin' the line longer to accommodate all of the shooters that are comin' Grin
(more shameless promotion) Castle Rock is ONLY 7 hours north of the California border.

QuoteI will be starting a travelog about the upcoming journey to the IBC and AS up in Castle Rock Washington.
I can't wait to read it.

QuoteAPPLE SEED NATION ROCKS!
There, I fixed it for you.

Edit to add: more shameless promotions.
"Appleseed,  putting the second amendment into the hands of American citizens."     -Mrs. Wheeler

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship instructors on the planet."   -Son of Martha

voortrekker

California,

It looks like y'all have a great crew over there!

Keep it up!

Post some good pics of your "earned" rockers on jackets soon!

Personally, I can't wait to see them.

Go, California Go!!!!!!

Again, GREAT JOB GUYS!!!!!

I would have never thought it so.

Yeeaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!!

If California can do it, for sure, there is hope.

Points of light are shining, from where I least expected it.

Brett

If YOU are thinking, WE are winning.

Johnnyappleseed

Quote from: Grandson of Liberty on August 01, 2008, 06:43:11 PM
While I'm not sure my two cents is even worth two cents, I vote you have to shoot a 210 in California.  8)

Full Disclosure: I have not yet shot a 210 anywhere on the planet.  :-[

You are very close. A Rifleman persists, as will you.   ;D
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge